Chapter 6: The Best Break-Up

*This chapter includes some spoilers from Riverdale season 5 and from Ginny and Georgia. I will give a warning for when the part of the spoiling comes up :)*

It was Friday, the day of the back to school dance. I had signed up to be part of the party committee together with Alex and Brooke. That day we didn't have school so we could prepare.

"Tonight is gonna be perfect. I have all the decorations ready in the hall. Oh my god I'm so excited." Brooke said cheerfully as we continued on walking to the school's entrance.

"Yeah we know" Alex told her smiling. "So guys should I wear my yellow glittery dress or my other yellow dress?"

"Don't ask me, ask Brooke. She knows everything." I told her as she looked at me.

"Well for me you have to go with the glittery one. I mean its vintage, its chic, definitely catch the crowd's eyes especially Noah's" Brooke said as she smirked.

At that moment, from the other side, I witness Brittany and the gang storming her way towards us.

"Bitch alert." Alex whispers as Brittany continues to walk at us.

"So how are finances holding up for the Back To School dance, Brooke. Did daddy have to pull some strings?" Brittany said with a baby voice. Charlotte and Hermosa all laughed under their breaths.

"What are you laughing at miss 'my-boyfriend-cheated-on-me-with-my-enemy'?" Brooke said as she turned to Hermosa.

Now I must tell you this. Alex and I didn't know about this. All we knew was that once Brooke and Hermosa were best friends until one day Hermosa started bullying her and sending her ugly messages and we came into Brooke's rescue and became friends ever since.

"Oh haven't you told them, darling? Once upon a time Nate was your boyfriend. One day he came to me, told me you weren't treating him right and we kissed. Ever since then we became soulmates." Brooke said with a devil-like smile on her face. "So before you say anything about my highly rich life think about your boring, pathetic life and then shut up. "Brooke started walking to the hall hurriedly and angrily as me and Alex waved bye to the bitches and hurried off after her.

• • •

"Hold the ladder!" I screeched as I felt the ladder move a bit. I was on top of the ladder hanging the white balloons that Alex, who was at the bottom of the ladder, was both giving them to me and trying to hold the ladder.

"Look if you're gonna be a pussy about it just give the balloons to me and we'll be done in no time." she told me getting slightly pissed.

"No way. I'm going to prove to you that I can do it and besides you know what they say: 'Face your fears' I tell her calmly which I know it irritated her

"Well that sentence was really not made for you." Alex mumbled as she hands me another balloon.

At that moment, Brooke ran down to us with a clipboard in her hand, her heels clicking on the school hall's floor.

"So, how is everything going on here ma ladies?" she merrily said as she hugged Alex and blew a kiss to me.

"It would have been going great if this scaredy cat here didn't have to squeak every time the ladder makes a noise." Alex utters as she gives me a deathly stare.

"Ok so I can see that the balloons are almost done so Ana, you go and help Stacy prepare the food table there. Only prepare the table don't and I emphasise and repeat don't take out the food yet. And you Alex, can start hanging the banner with Jonah over there. And Ana please before you go, can you take these boxes outside." Brooke says as she points to the boxes which once were filled to the brim with balloons. "Preferably in front of Rosewall High." she then whispers to me.

She walks away together with Alex and as I laugh to myself, I start picking up the boxes. As I stack the boxes, my eyes shift on the big bright window were Lucas was sitting on the bench there with an open sketch book on his lap and he was busy sketching. Curiosity killed me so I took the boxes with me outside and went to talk to him.

"Whatcha doin' here, Jack Dawson?" I told him with a laugh as I dropped the boxes in front of the door and sat down next to him.

"Nothing." he told me as he closed his sketch book and put it in his bag and faked a smile. I took it that probably it was something personal and he didn't want to talk about it so I dropped the subject there. Than Lucas looked at me and I could see fresh tears strolling down his cheeks. I think it was instinct as at that moment I blurted out

"Hey, you ok?"

"I...she broke up with me." he told me as he looked down and waited for my judgement.

"I knew that ugly croon would do this. Ughhhhh. Hey do you want me to punch her?" I told him as I nudged him. Lucas grinned a bit until the sound of message notifications from my phone broke the moment.

He opened his sketch book again and started drawing.

"Go on. Check who it's from." he told me as I picked up my phone. I see a million messages from XOXO which is our group. This is what there was written.

Brooke: SOS!!! GUYS

Alex: What happened now?

Brooke: So what do you think if we wear silk dresses for our back to school dance? We'd be matching yk.

Alex: So that's it?!

Brooke: It's not a that's it it's a very important thing ok. What do you think Ana. ANAAAA?

Ana: Hey. What's with the caps this morning? And yes I will wear my silk dress

Brooke: Send pictures plsssss. And if you are going to add a cardigan pls report to me.

Brooke: This is mine

Alex: This is mine. Do you approve, Kyle Jenner?

Brooke: Kim Kardashian is better and yes I do.

Ana: Mine.

Alex: Wowwww. Go shine girl.

Brooke: Omg you girls are gonna shine. And Ana stop flirting and come help with the punch

Ana: Oh I forgot to tell you. Bitchy Brittany and Lucas broke up :)

*Here are the spoilers !!!!!*

Brooke: OMGGGG it's the best break-up since Barchie.

Alex: No since Ginny and Hunter

Ana: Yeah ik!!!! Anyway I'm coming in.

*Spoilers stopped*

I closed my phone and as I looked around Lucas was no where to be seen. I got up and headed inside preparing for what was going to be one of the best nights of my life...

[IMPORTANT: NO HATE to does who ship Barchie and Ginny and Hunter]