Chapter 11: On the Edge

I was parking his car as I was finally able to breathe. My heart was racing since it was the first time driving somebody else's car. He took off his seatbelt as I took off mine and as I made it to the door he said

"Look sorry for scaring you the way that I did but it really was nothing. Just a panic attack I guess."

"Hey if you're panicked because of me or something-" I stopped there as I looked down and stared at my feet. I really didn't know what to say and the thought brought me to tears. We were walking down the abandoned street, with only the sound of the rain interfering our conversation. He put his arm around me and as he held me close he kissed my forehead.

"I can assure you that it has nothing to do with you"

After some time we arrived in front of a house which looked like a farmhouse from the outside. On the left side it had a black metal gate which looked like the entrance to a garage.

The door was made of wood and on the door, with a scribbled font where the words St Joseph Home for Kids. And then I noticed what it meant. He lived in an institution for orphans. He looked like he was ashamed of not telling me this and I smiled as I rang the doorbell.

At that moment I hear a loud bang coming from behind me. As I look my face is filled with horror. On the floor, unconscious lay Lucas. His eyes were closed and his skin was as white as snow. I could feel the cold tears streaming down my face as I knelt beside him calling his name.

From the wooden doors a man and a woman came out. The man seemed to be wearing some kind of nurse uniform as the woman stared awestruck at me and Lucas. The man quickly pulled out his phone as he dialled a phone number.

"Hey Frank, it's Will. Bring an ambulance asap I'll send you the coordinates" he sounded panicked and as he sent the coordinates I couldn't help picturing the worst.

The ambulance couldn't take that long. The hospital wasn't that far away. But what if something bad had happened to him? What if I was never going to see his angel eyes staring back at me? And I wondered and waited for the ambulance to come and declare his fate.

Sorry this part is short. The next one will be longer 💞 Love you and leave a comment and vote if you like💗