Chapter 6

☆ ﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌☆﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌ ☆

The camp was silently working, weather they were on watch, cleaning, doing laundry, everyone was working. The pale blue sky with a few clouds and minimal sunlight provided good weather for maintenance. Lexi like her father from across her was cleaning and sharpening her knives and such when Lori walked over. Daryl eyes her suspiciously from across the space that separated them

"Lexi?"

"Yeah?" Lexi stops her rhythmic actions looking up at her

"I know your dad being apart of this camp changes some things. But like I said last night you are still welcome in our tent if you're not comfortable," Lori nods confidently, she leaned on one foot as Lexi rumages though her thoughts.

"I'm fine with my dad. Uncle Merle's not here," Lexi finally replies with a confident smile but Lori's smile was more weary. Along with her clothes and Hair Lori was looking disheveled, given the conditions however Lori was the best dressed in the camp right now.

"Everything okay here?" Rick and Carl walk over to the two girls now both sitting on the tree log. Rick and Carl both held plates of food in each hand. Daryl looked up when Rick passed by him both of them nodding silently at each other. It was good enough for Lexi. Daryl got up from his seat going somewhere.

"Everything's great," Lexi replies as lori was still deep in thought. Even when they handed the girls their plates Lori was still thinking. Lexi watched her waiting for her to pop back into their universe as she started to eat. It had been a while yes.. she was with rick this whole time but still in that amount of time Lori changed somehow, Lexi couldnt quite put her finger on why though.

"I'm gonna go back for merle," Rick says bursting the bubble of comfortable silence. Lexi almost drops her plate in surprise. She didn't want to talk about Merle, fear, and guilt ate away at her when she thought of him. He had done some fucked up shit to her while drunk or high. And he was an asshole sober. Now that she had betrayed him in such a way how would things end up?

"Why would you?!" Lori Finnally snapped out of her thoughts. Her head snapped towards Rick her faced screwed up with confusion and anger.

"Wether hes a bad person or not being cuffed to a roof is no way to die,"

"You're right rick," Sensing an argument Lexi held Lori's hand stopping her from continuing.

"Hes my family, blood is blood Wether I like it or not. And it is... cruel to let anything to die like we left him," Lexi had only repeated what Rick had said in a different way but it made a sense of calm come over the 4 of them. She would deal with Merle when they brought him back. After all he is family and without his normal dealers Merle should be sobering up.... or at least she hoped.

☆ ﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌☆﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌ ☆

After rick explained the plan too the camp Daryl sat down with Lexi

"We need to talk," Daryl says with a heavy sigh

"Yeah?" Although frightened of the upcoming conversation Lexi stands her ground. She loved her father but their relationship always became rocky when Merle was involved. Her father never laid hands on her, drank to much, hurt her, or denied her anything... he was all in all a good father maybe not the best team player with people but not bad dad. Merle however... Daryl seemed to be just as afraid as him as Lexi was. Though he didn't know it.

Last night they talked for hours They fell asleep in the chair outside by the fire. Or at least she did Daryl didn't sleep.

"When we come back with Merle it won't be like how it always was. That night was the last straw, I kicked him out but... I couldn't find you," Daryl didn't look at her also uncomfortable with the situation. The world has changed yes but this was still his runaway daughter she was gone for over a week, though he didn't know at the time Rick was shot and couldn't take her back it was a time in her life that she didn't want to come back. And then some more time since the apocalypse started. How long had it been since he's seen her?

"I see," Lexi had explained everything last night she expected yelling, crying, anger from this conversation in the morning when they weren't overwhelmed with finding each other... but Daryl suddenly hugged her tightly.

"I thought I lost you bug," Daryl mumbles holding his daughter again.

"You can hate me I won't mind... I'm just so glad you're alive." Lexi hugged him back letting her tears slide onto his leather jacket hugging him as tightly as she could.

The sky dimmed as the two sharpened weapons and maintenance arrows just as Daryl has taught Lexi, but again not once did they stop talking. Soon enough the sky was dark and everyone reconvened to their tents or the fires.

"You don't have to sleep in my tent.. you can sleep with Ricks family." Daryl mumbles as they cleaned up their tools.

"They need time to themselves right now... We do too." Lexi smiled hugging Daryl, they went into the tent setting up her bed and putting away all their tools and weapons.

"You grabbed my sleeping bag?" Lexi went through the backpack of clothes and things she would have found on her dresser. He had packed for her when he left their house

"Yeah, If you weren't dead I knew I was gonna find you," Daryls said confidently.

Once Lexi was sound asleep Daryl finally let him self close his eyes. This was his plan the whole time... to find her but she came to him. He thought sleeping would be easier, but somehow he still has his bow, a gun and a knife ready to grab at any second. He groans turning around in his bed his eyes landing on her head across from him. Putting a hand on her head he says

"It won't be the same... I promise I'll protect you this time,"