Author's Note

Thank you so much for stopping by to read this story. This novella is a follow-up to Rules and Roses, a regency era novel I finished earlier. The main characters will be familiar if you've read Rules and Roses, but this novella is a stand alone and can be read without having read its prequel. Although, I recommend reading the prequel if you want to get to know some of the characters more! 

Summary, 
Miss Jessie Churchill has long lived a life dedicated to her father's whims. Being a lowly rector's daughter, with no friends or any other family in the county, Jessie finds herself alone even in a crowded room. So what happens when one winter a gentleman she's had a crush on for years, asks her for a dangerous and risky favour she's inclined to refuse?

Lord Oscar Seymour, witty, charming and much too full of himself, has a life he is more than proud of. One winter, on a visit to his best friend's estate, Oscar finds himself thrust in a frightful mystery he cannot find a way out of. With his best friend begging him for help, Oscar has no one else to rely on, except the lowly parish rector's daughter back home, someone who has no connections or acquaintances to reveal anything at all to.