Chapter Nine: Gossip Girl

Soz Mini Note: You may want to re-read chap 29 & 30 of PTBBW bc I have made some significant  changes.  Anyway back to the story!

Chapter Nine: Gossip Girl

Walking up the flight of stairs, I suck in a big breath as I straighten out my sweater before making my way towards the apartment door. Leaning against the wall next to it, I lazily knock twice. 

Leaning my head back against the wall, I hear heavy footsteps making their way towards the door. In a matter of seconds the door opens and I roll against the wall to stand in front of the opening. 

“Why is your elevator down?” I huff out walking past Kale.

“Oops I forgot to mention that didn’t I?” He chuckles from behind me. 

I turn around and send him a glare before I make my way into his kitchen, dropping my bag onto the counter while opening up one of the cupboards to pull out a glass. Walking over to the sink I fill the glass up with water.

Turning around I lean against the sink and watch as Kale takes a seat on the stool in front of the island. I raise an eyebrow as I scull the water, not stopping to take a breath. 

“Why’d you call me to come over?” I ask, taking a step forward and resting my arms against the island. 

“I just wanted to chill with you, do you wanna get something to eat?”

“Kale no!” I groan slumping against the island. 

“What! Why not?” He asks. Raising my head I glare at him before answering.

“I’m going to lunch with the girls at one!” I pout.

“So? It’s nine-thirty, we can go get coffee.” He shrugs.

“Alright then, but you’re paying.” I smile watching as he gets off his chair.

“Well if that’s the case, then you might want to change.” He replies walking around the island to look me over.

Laughing out loud I push him away from me and walk over to the sofa while I wait for him to collect his stuff. 

“You’re a dick.” I laugh, as he grabs my hand and pulls me out of his apartment.

“Well that’s life for you, love.” He snickers, pulling me to his side. 

“Where are you taking me for coffee, you fool.”

“I’m thinking coffee alchemy.” He answers, opening the door of the building for me.

“Thanks, are we walking there?” I question looking up at the grey sky. 

“It’s not supposed to rain today.” He mumbles, while looking at me in amusement. 

Squinting at him, I fold my arms in front of my chest as a sign of rebellion. He shakes his head at my posture, taking hold of my arms and pulling me towards his chest. 

Yelping out in surprise, he chuckles in response, turning us around and walking us down the stairs, me in front while he’s behind. Walking down the four steps slowly he turns us both to the right, nudging me forward, while his arms stay wrapped around my front.

“There is a large possibility that we can fall.” I tell him, looking up to his face.

“That’s a possibility.” He replies, bending down to kiss the side of me head.

Frowning at his actions, I take a hold of his arms and pull them over my head. Kale watches me in amusement but I just shove him slightly, before taking a hold of his hand.