9☯

Dylan didn't question me. He understood and didn't push it further. He knows he can't stop me. He doesn't know when I'm going to do it. We just looked at each other for the rest of the night until he had to leave. He kissed my forehead like usual before leaving me in my room.

I couldn't concentrate. My room suddenly started feeling really small. I became sweaty. Really, really sweaty. Finally, I couldn't take it anymore. I burst out of my room, downstairs and out of the house. Even though I was in a tank top and shorts, I was still really sweaty. Once I reached where Dylan usually was, I collapsed. I was hoping he'd be there, to help me.

I have no idea where Derrick is, but his house is too far to run and I can't get up. I started gasping for air, crying, yet still sweaty. I. Can't. Breathe. I don't understand what's happening. Did someone poison me? Where is everyone? I felt dizzy and tired.

"Help!" I yelled repeatably as loud as I could.

Black dots took over my vision as I passed out, coughing and can't breathe. What is happening to me?

I woke up in Derrick's bedroom. I could breathe again and the room didn't feel small. I was alright. Derrick was asleep beside me, arms wrapped around me protectively. I shook him awake and he looked me over, making sure I was alive and okay.

"What happened?" I asked.

Yes, I had faint memory before passing out, but how did I get here? Did Derrick find me?

"Well, I heard you screaming, then suddenly stop. By that time I was running as fast as I could to find you. You had an anxiety attack. And I obviously took you to my house." Derrick explained.

"Oh..." I trailed off. My stomach growled slightly.

"Are you hungry?" Derrick asked.

"Yeah."

He nodded before leaving the room. A few minutes later he returned with scrambled eggs and bacon. I ate it in silence. Once I was finished, I spoke up.

"We're drifting apart and I don't like it." I told Derrick.

Derrick sighed before bringing me into his embrace. I leaned up and kissed him, before pulling away.

"I fell in love with you, then fell out of love." I admitted.

"I know. I did too, but because of that fight, we drifted." Derrick said with a sigh.

"I miss you..."

"I miss you too, Summer."

"Try again?"

"Try again."

We've been trying to get back to where we were for the past week. Of course it's never going to be the same, but we can try, right? Dylan and I haven't really talked much after that night, he just watched me knowingly. He hasn't really told anyone, so I guess I can trust him to keep my secrets. I wish he could say the same for me.

Right now we were at lunch, Derrick's arm was around my waist like usual. Dylan sat on the left of me, Derrick on the right, and Jordan across from me. As if they were trying to keep me safe, but that's a load of bull, I do just fine keeping myself safe.

Derrick and Dylan kept sharing glances, then looked at Jordan who also shared the glance. That's not weird at all... Anywho, Jordan and I have became better friends. If I'm going to have something with Derrick I should get to know his friends, right?

"Uh, I'll be right back." I excused myself.

I got up and walked out of the cafeteria and into the main hallways, then to the unused side. I slid down the wall, knees to my chest. Sometimes you just need to excuse yourself to have time to put your fake act up again. I sighed to myself, looking around.