Chapter 27

Hadn’t he had a fight with Jihoon before, he would never agree with Mashiho to arrange Jihoon’s birthday party in the Japanese guys’ apartment, where he would have to face Haruto. He didn’t dislike it; no; he rather loved being with the said tall guy. But considering what he had done before, there was no way he could just act like nothing happened between them. But he still obliged when Mashiho told him to accompany them for Jihoon’s birthday, because well, Jihoon deserved that much from Jeongwoo after what he did with the older one.

Their plan was such- create riddles for treasure hunt and place them, decorate the room, order a cake and contact Junkyu in secrecy once Jihoon leaves his home for the party. Jeongwoo will have to give Junkyu a spare key in advance as he will meet Junkyu at noon, when the boy will arrive in Korea.

The first task of Jeongwoo given by Mashiho was to deliver the house key to Junkyu. He did it gladly, as he himself was euphoric meeting his half-brother after a long time. He talked to Junkyu so much that they lost track. Only when Mashiho called Jeongwoo to ask where he was, as he was being late for the arrangement of the party, they came to their senses. Junkyu soon went to his new apartment to settle his things there, whereas Jeongwoo took off for Mashiho’s or in other words, Haruto’s abode.

He was nervous to say the least. He kept on biting his lips thinking how he would face Haruto. After that incident, he sent a little text to Haruto but Haruto didn’t respond. Haruto was really mad and upset and that could be clearly understood as Jeongwoo saw Haruto in his apartment after reaching there. Haruto just met eyes with Jeongwoo once and then faced the other way. Jeongwoo sighed and went to Mashiho to get instructions on what he'd have to do.

“Woo, you can go help Asahi and Haruto with the balloons. Me and Yoshi are preparing the riddles right now.”
Jeongwoo gulped. With Asahi and Haruto, okay.

He went and sat beside Asahi, blowing air inside a green balloon. From the corner of his eyes, he checked Haruto. He could tell Haruto was aware of his presence beside Asahi as Haruto intentionally avoided looking his way. He sighed once again; a deep feeling of guilt made his heart ache.

When he was done blowing the balloon, he faced a problem... he didn’t know how to tie up an inflated balloon.

“Asahi hyung...” Jeongwoo called. Asahi looked at his way, waiting for him to speak.

“Can you tie up this balloon for me?” he asked, embarrassed about his incapacity to do that small task.

Asahi didn’t say anything. He simply took the balloon and tied it up. But Haruto, who perked up his ear at Jeongwoo’s voice, noticed that.

Soon enough, the bell rang again. Mashiho opened the door revealing Jaehyuk with a cake in hand, “Guys, the pretty birthday cake is here!!”

Everyone gathered around the cake with anticipation, but felt disappointed watching that, “It’s just a plain cake!” Yoshi said.

“Yeah, I know. But I have bought everything needed to decorate it.” Jaehyuk winked, showing a packet full of different materials.

“Whoa! You do know how to do things, Jaehyuk ah!” Mashiho exclaimed. Jaehyuk beamed.

“Okay, as Asahi is the most artistic one among us, he can take the lead to do this. And to help him...”

“I'll help him!” Jaehyuk said, stopping Mashiho from assigning that task to anyone else.

“Alright, then. You can do it.” Mashiho said, going back to his own task with Yoshi.

The situation pleased everyone except for two guys, who were awkwardly sitting beside each other, maintaining a moderate gap, blowing balloons randomly.