Chapter 3

No one will say some strangers met for the first time if they stepped foot on Mashiho's shared apartment that night. How could they? Jihoon literally hugged Asahi by the side and Junkyu and Yoshi were fighting over who's the cutest. Mashiho was talking to both Haruto and Jeongwoo but he could see that the two had already found their pace. Mashiho knew that both his roommates and his squad are pretty social, but he never imagined the extent. He didn’t complain though.

The air wasn’t as friendly at first. When the three Korean guys arrived, they were acting all polite and started having little talks with one another. Jihoon was the first to make Asahi talk, since the said guy talked less.  It was also Jihoon who started making random jokes and surprisingly Yoshi laughed. Usually, it's always Junkyu who laugh no matter how bad Jihoon’s jokes are, but yeah, Yoshinori found them funny as well. Since Yoshi is the same age as Jihoon and Junkyu, the three of them easily bonded after that. Asahi wasn’t left behind, Junkyu soon started to point out everything Asahi did, as if doing a commentary on Asahi which made him spare a smile. Mashiho was also set on watching how his classmates treat his dear roommates.

The person who actually felt left out was Jeongwoo. Being younger than everyone, he wasn’t able to be comfortable, not because the air was heavy or something, he just needed more time. Jeongwoo sat a bit far from the others to take his time, munching on some chips, when a tall boy came to sit by his side.

“You must be of my age. Hi, I'm Haruto.”

Jeongwoo had to take some moments to accept a few things. One, Haruto is handsome, like really handsome. He has big eyes, plump lips, defined nose and a nice skin. Two, he has a nice body proportion, tall and slim, but not too slim. Three, this boy has a unique and deep voice. Even when he just spoke normal words, felt like coming out from an adult, a manly one indeed. And to think that he's of the same age as Jeongwoo, wow!

Haruto was a bit startled as he didn’t get an immediate response. Was Jeongwoo thinking that he's weird to come out of nowhere and start talking?
“um..” Haruto started again.

“Hi, I'm Jeongwoo. And yeah we're of the same age.” He felt conscious of his own face, body and voice.

“Right.”

Awkward.

The silence was awkward.

But no one could break the silence. One was thinking about how the other might think he’s weird and the other was thinking about how ugly he is compared to the other one.
Jeongwoo then took a step, “So why are you here? In Korea I mean.” He asked.

“Oh that, I want to be a famous model someday. I have always wanted so and Yoshinori san helped me to come here to work on it for real.” Haruto said with passion. Jeongwoo loved the fact that Haruto didn’t use hyung, instead, he went with san, a Japanese word. Haruto's incapacity to speak Korean that well made him adorable, completely different from the vibe he sent before.

“Wah! Such a wonderful dream!” Jeongwoo genuinely exclaimed.

“Do you have one?” Haruto asked.

“Well, if playing games can get me by, I wanna be a professional player and play all day and night!” Jeongwoo joked. But the topic of playing games brought a spark in Haruto's eyes as he immediately asked about what Jeongwoo’s favorite games were and after that the two started spilling the extraordinary knowledge of them on different online multiplayer games. They even exchanged IDs to play matches that night.

The rest of the party was fun. After spending time by getting to know each other more, the six boys sang a birthday song while Yoshi cut the cake, feeding everyone. After that they had their soda party, that ended up in cocktail. Haruto and Jeongwoo long forgot their initial awkwardness and even fought over the last piece of chips. The room became super chaotic immediately after that, and the neighbors probably wondered because it usually is quiet with the four Japanese guys. The party ended as it was getting late. No one wanted the fun party to end, but they understood better. Mashiho and Junkyu literally stayed in a hug for about a minute even though they'd meet each other after a day. Jeongwoo and Haruto exchanged their contact numbers at the last moment, though it was hard to approach. Both of them were a bit shy during the exchange. Yoshi thanked everyone for spending time with him on his special day and also for all the gifts they got him. Getting to know each other felt like a blessing to them all.

But some little things were stuck in the Park siblings' head. For Jeongwoo, it was the tone of Haruto’s voice and for Jihoon, it was the everlasting hug between Junkyu and Mashiho. None of them could sleep well that night.