Chapter 19

After coming to Korea, Asahi barely found any time to spend a casual day, maybe going out for shopping, eating or just sleeping all day long. All the school projects and club projects made it even harder. Jaehyuk was a great help, not to mention, but Asahi didn’t want to load him with too many works because he knew Jaehyuk did way too much for him even without him asking for any help.

After almost a year, Asahi felt like he didn’t have new clothes and didn’t practically hang out so he called Jaehyuk to ask if he’d accompany him to do so on his rare free day. Not to mention, Jaehyuk gladly agreed. Asahi loved how much Jaehyuk prioritized him because he never once said no to any wish Asahi made. Not that Asahi asked for a lot of things, but whenever he did, he found that one soft guy always by his side. Asahi knew it wasn’t availability, rather, it was the sincere feelings Jaehyuk held for him.

Asahi woke up by Jaehyuk’s call to wake him up. Jaehyuk sounded super eager and that made Asahi crack a smile. He loved being around Jaehyuk. Asahi is a quiet guy, He preferred observing people from afar but he was met with the total opposite guy named Jaehyuk almost a year ago who made him feel the joy of being surrounded by people. It was because of Jaehyuk that he managed living with three complete strangers, who had become family to him in the course of time. So, yes, seeing Jaehyuk eager to spend time with made him assured that the tall guy would never leave his side.

Asahi decided to wear shorts because the weather was sunny. He bleached his hair to white which made him look like an anime boy, or at least that’s what his roommates told him. He smiled while remembering that because Jaehyuk, with his black mullet hair, looked exactly like any male lead in anime or web-toon and that made people fantasize about the two of them as the anime couple of the decade. Asahi low-key liked that.

Not much to his surprise, Asahi was met with Jaehyuk, who was waiting for him in front of the mall, wearing black jeans, black jacket with a white tee underneath. Asahi couldn’t blame all the girls who glanced at Jaehyuk from time to time even though he felt a little jealous of them. But Jaehyuk’s intimidating aura vanished in an instant as soon as he saw Asahi.

“Aigoo..you’re finally here! You’re looking great, Asahi!”

Asahi smiled. Jaehyuk always showered him with compliments whenever he found chance, unlike Asahi; because as much as he loved seeing Jaehyuk in that outfit, he couldn’t say so.

“So, what are you buying today?” Jaehyuk asked, as they entered inside the mall.

“Just some shirts and pants. Been wearing the same clothes for the last year.” Asahi chuckled.

“Yes, I noticed. But since you look good in everything, I never brought it up.” Jaehyuk winked at Asahi. Asahi just rolled his eyes though, internally, he was flustered even though flirting like that had been going on for months.

They approached the store recommended by Jaehyuk. Asahi immediately liked the style of clothes there. Jaehyuk felt the ever so slight spark in Asahi's eyes as he understood that the Japanese liked his recommendation. Jaehyuk instinctively held Asahi’s hand while checking which outfit would be the best on him.

After some time, Jaehyuk found Asahi almost 10 sets of clothes. Asahi wasn’t up for buying that much but Jaehyuk forced him to go and try out every single one of them. After debating a lot, Asahi decided to buy 3. But Jaehyuk had his eye on a certain tee. So, he secretly paid for that while Asahi was changing clothes in the trial room.

When they were about to leave the store, Asahi’s eyes caught a beautiful denim jacket and for once, he forced Jaehyuk to try that on. As much to Jaehyuk’s protest, he still had to try that on.