16

Leo explained what her and Annabeth had been. That they were more than friends, but nothing had been labeled. It was odd being told that you were so close to someone but wouldn't be able to pick them put of a line up. Annabeth had seemed, no, felt, familiar. When she saw her random things popped into her head. Spiders and owls, predominantly. It didn't make any sense. It was a different feeling than when she had seen Leo. She felt strongly comforted by his presence and that she would be able to confide in him. Annabeth felt exciting and strange and she could feel butterflies in her stomach. (Though she couldn't explain why she knew that phrase).

Her head was spinning by the time Leo actually finished his long winded explanation. It was a lot to take in and process. He sat down next to her.

"Are you okay? I know it's a lot to take in but hopefully the memories will be coming back. We just have to be patient." Leo's leg was bouncing as though he had already been being patient for a year. Rory nodded. 

"I'll be in the armoury if you need me. If you want you can go for a walk, see if anything jogs your memory. The others will help you if you get lost." With that he stood and left.

Rory laid back down on the bed and tried with everything that she had to remeber even the smallest detail. Nothing. She was drawing a blank. Already feeling jittery, she stood up and paced the room. When that didn't help, she went outside.

The cool air helped her calm down, and the grass felt nice under her feet. She opened her mouth and tried to whisper her name.

"Rory." It came out hoarse and scratchy. It hurt her throat, but if she wanted to communicate with someone she would have to cope. She tried again after clearing her throat. "Rory." It was slightly louder, just about understandable. It would have to do.

She scanned her surroundings before picking a direction and walking. It wasn't long before she stopped in front of one of the other cabins. It was a light pink and and sent shivers down her spine. Something about the colour put her off. A girl stepped out. It wasn't someone she recognised, or even felt like she should recognise. One of the 'others' Leo had mentioned. She smiled and waved.

"Hey Rory. You seen Annabeth? She was with Leo Will and Nico yesterday but I haven't seen her since," the girl asked. Rory didn't know what to say. The girl looked suspicious. Or maybe Rory was just being paranoid. Rory shook her head.

"Huh. You guys have been hanging out so much lately I was pretty sure you had been glued to together." Her eyes glanced at the bruising on her neck. "Did something happen?" Her light mood was gone.

Rory started to step back. She didn't know what she was supposed to say. She didn't remeber this girl at all. Not even a bit, like Annabeth and Leo.

"Rory? You okay?" She turned and walked away. She felt scared and vulnerable. She didn't want to be questioned. The girl called after her but she ignored it and kept walking.

Rory kept her head down while she tried to place the girl who had spoken to her. They had clearly known each other at some point, but nothing was really there. No sense of 'This is a person I know' or anything of the sort.

She kept waling until she ran head first into a wall of black. Upon further inspection, she realised she had not walked into a wall, but small boy dressed from head to toe in black clothing. Black jacket, black t-shirt, black jeans, black shoes. Even his hair and eyes were black. He looked worried when he saw her. She went keep walking but he stopped her.

"You need somewhere to chill out?" he asked. Rory nodded. "Come with me. I'll show you the best place there is."

He brought her to another cabin. (Why were there so many?) This one was painted completely black. He opened the door and took her inside.