10

When she woke up, Rory was confused, and she could feel something on her arm. Her head was still thick and she couldn't tell where she was. She looked around the room and saw that she was in the infirmary and Annabeth was lying on her arm fast asleep. She tried to move but her head throbbed causing her to groan quietly. Annabeth woke up and immediately looked at Rory. The first thing she noticed was her bloodshot and puffy eyes. There were tear streaks running down her face and her hair was a mess.

"Oh Gods....oh Gods you're awake! Will! Will!" Annabeth called. The sudden noise made her head throb. She sat up and moved to a kneeling position on the bed. "Oh my Gods are you ok? What happened Rory tell me you're ok!" Rory couldn't find the words, instead nodding.

Will walked through the door and immediately started checking Rory over. Throughout the whole ordeal she refused to make eye contact with either one of them. Annabeth stayed perched on the edge if the bed until Will was finished.

"Well, her vitals are back to normal. As I said, you are going to have to stay for a while, just to make sure you don't have another incident." Rory nodded and turned to stare at the ceiling without saying anything. "I'm gonna give you guys a minute." With that he left.

Annaneth and Rory sat in silence for a minute. "How do you feel?" Annabeth asked. Rory rolled over and looked her in the eyes. Her eyes were dark and gloomy, her face stone cold. "Did something happen?" she pressed. Rory remained silent but her eyes watered.

"You can tell me, you know. If something happened you can tell me." Rory moved closer to her and rested her head on Annabeth's knee. "I don't know if you could hear anything I said, but if you didn't then I'll say it again. I care about you, big time." Saying the words while Rory was conscious was almost harder. "I was so scared that weren't gonna wake up," her voice was hoarse. Rory stopped her from talking by pulling her into a hug. Annabeth was shocked but hugged her tight. "Please, tell me if there is anything I can do. I don't want to lose you," she whispered. Rory pulled back and looked her in the eyes.

"I'll try." Her voice was so quiet. It broke Annabeth's heart to hear Rory sound that broken. She wanted to make her feel better, to get her back to her old self. She didn't mean to, but she couldn't help but feel protective over the her. Annabeth wanted to keep her there and make sure she didn't get hurt again. It wasn't long before Rory was nuzzling into Annabeth's shoulder.

She started to move to leave but Rory tightened her grip around her and mumbled; "Please don't go. I don't think I can be alone." Rory pulled her down and into the bed. Stunned, Annabeth lifted up the sheets and slipped in. Rory moved over slightly and wrapped her arms around her torso. She let out a sigh and whispered something unintelligible.

"Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere. Not if I can help it." Annabeth meant what she said. Rory was her friend but she couldn't bring herself to tell her what happened. To tell her that she had been unconscious for that long. She would find out, of course, and she would be angry, but hearing that she had been unconscious for a week would wreck her, and Annabeth couldn't do that. She hoped that Rory didn't notice her unease.

Rory fell asleep in minutes, no matter how hard she fought it. Strangely, she didn't dream at all. She was once again stuck in the black room. At first she panicked that she had fallen back into that strange other world she was in. She could still feel Annabeth next to her and she was able to calm herself down. This time, there was no figure waiting for her.

Her main concern was Annabeth. She seemed so stressed, like she wasn't sleeping or something. Rory also had no clue how long she had been out. An hour? A day? Her thoughts were amplified, displayed as pictures around her. She still couldn't figure out how to wake herself up, though. It worried her, that she might not wake up for another Gods know how long, and that some random thing was talking to her via her head. If a mortal were to hear that said somewhere she'd be shipped to a mental hospital. The thought made her laugh.