chapter five

• cry baby •
___________________________

I had been a month exactly that Ashton was newly single. His heart was still healing but he was fighting through it.

He was currently at Calum's and Michael's place. Eating rainbow sherbet right out of the tub.

"I don't see why you don't get out there Ash," Michael said as he scooped the colour frozen desert into his mouth

Ashton pulled a face. It wasn't because of the sherbet though, it was because of Michael's comment.

"Uh, I don't know about that Mikey..." Ashton said quietly, mixing the sherbet around, into one colour mess.

"Why not? You're hot!" Michael whined.

Calum came out of the kitchen with his own bowl of the delicious treat since his own lovely boyfriend refuse to share with him. Michael does not share food.

"What's all this whining about?" he questioned, sitting next to the colourful haired boy, and kissing his cheek.

Michael blushed. Ashton rolled his eyes.

"Ash here," Michael motioned to Ashton, "doesn't think it is a good idea to get back out on the dating scene." he pouted.

Calum sighed and cradled Michael to his chest "Baby, Ashton just got out of a really, and I mean /really/ long relationship he needs time to heal. Times have changed, people have changed, it's gonna take a long time for Ash to find a partner that will except him for /him/." Calum soothed his boy.

"Thanks Cal," Ashton mocks being hurt bringing the two out of their cuddle session.

"It's true Ash, and plus you won't be the one getting the guys for yourself," Calum smiled, causing his lovesick boyfriend to smile.

Those fond fucks, Ashton thinks to himself.

"Wait, what did you just say?" Ashton asked, making sure he heard them correctly.

"I said you won't be the one to asks the guys out." Calum repeated, voice slow and thick.

Michael squirmed, face heating up.

"And why is that?" Ashton quipped.

"Because, Ash, sadly you attract the jerky asshole, son of a bitch type." Calum said sincerely.

The spoon fell from Ashton's grasp as his jaw dropped, "Rude." he stated.

"It's true!" Michael defended 'his' Calum.

And yeah, maybe it is true Ashton does tend to attract the 'jerky asshole, son of a bîtch' type. Exhibit A; Ben.

"Okay, you do have a point there but if I'm not going to be the one asking, then who is?" he questioned, quirking up his eyebrow.

Calum smiled at Michael, who smiled at Ashton.

Shit, Ashton mentally curses himself for being friends with these two.

"We are," Calum states happily pulling Michael closer to himself.

Ashton pinches his nose, losing appetite for his sherbet, "Oh fuck," he exclaims, then runs to the bathroom, as if he's about to throw up.

After the two convinced Ashton to retreat out of the bathroom which consisted of 'Stop being a twat!' and 'Shut up Michael, Ash come out this is serious' and Ashton did come out cause if Calum said serious in his serious voice then it was truly serious.

The sherbet was not long forgotten as the three talked about how they would get Ashton the perfect guy.

"Okay so you're looking at what specific age?" Calum asked.

"Old but not too old, like two to three years older than me is the max."Ashton said.

"Like Cal and me!" Michael chirped happily.

Ashton rolled his eyes it was a habit of his "Sure Michael, whatever floats your boat,"

"Okay, no more distractions," Calum looks at Michael who sheepishly smiles, "Ash, you want an older guy, but not to old?"

"Correct" Ashton replied.

"Okay then, so he needs to be mature, nurturing, and good looking," He exclaimed.

"Cal all those are great traits, I mean really great, Tony the Tiger shit, but isn't that a bit to good to be true?" Ashton asked.

Maybe Ashton was being a pessimist right now but that's who he is.

"Stop being a Debbie downer Ash and let us do all the work when the time comes we'll tell ya okay?" Calum said.

And trust them, Ashton' self conscious tells him cause they are his best friends who only want what's best for him. So Ashton smiles and nods his head frantically cause at the moment that's all he could do to keep his happy tears at bay cause man even though they fight and banter at times, he truly does have the greatest best friends in the world.

"You wanna cry!" Michael cheers.

Ashton shakes his head like the man child he is "Nooooo!" his voice wobbled.

Then he's being tackled into a big group hug, and if Ashton cries because of all his pent up emotions, then that's his business.

vote|comment|share

----------

please give me feedback if you like the book, and yeh that's all I have to say.

emma x