chapter three

•jealous baby•
__________________________

Ashton always hated his job, but now he hated it even more. He looked from where he stood behind the counter at the countless amount of couples. Some laughed, some hugged, some kissed. Ashton hated them all. He wished he had that still, but he didn't.

Shaking his head, ridding it of his saddening thoughts Ashton saw his best friend enter the small café. He breathed a sigh of relief.

"Ash!" Michael exclaimed happily, as he saw the tiny lad making cappuccino.

Ashton smiled a small smile at his friend, his happiness was there, but not all the way. He saw the kid quickly run his way over to the counter putting his apron on and stood right next to him.

"I didn't think you where going to come..." he silently said.

"Yea, me either, but here I am,"Ashton looked down.

Michael placed a hand on his shoulder "He didn't deserve you," he told Ashton sincerely.

"That's what they all say!" Ashton exclaimed leaving from behind the counter to wipe down a few tables.

"No seriously! He was a massive jerk, to you and to us." Michael said honestly as he followed Ashton with the dirty dish cart, stacking up all that had to be washed.

"He was a jerk to you guys?" Ashton asked.

Michael bit his lip, he never really told him how Ben was such a dick towards him and his boyfriend Calum. He would always make fun of Michael's hair, making Calum want to punch him in the face. But now that Ben was out of the picture, he could tell Ashton all about it. So he did.

It took Michael about an hour or so to explain all the things Ben had done or said, and to go into full detail, how much of a jerk Ben really was.

"I can't believe it." Ashton stated dumbfounded.

"Yeah..." Michael trailed off, looking at the clock.

He poked Ashton's arm with his index finger "Hey, our shifts are over in five." He nodded to the clock.

The two got up and began to hang their aprons and gather their things, clocking out and saying hello to the workers that where entering for their daily shift.

They didn't quite leave the café yet only settling for a small cup of their favourite brew and a pastry of their liking. Michael checking his phone, and fiddling with his hair.

"Hey, Calum is off of work early today, wanna come over?" He asked nonchalantly.

Ashton tensed, instantly finding his blueberry muffin more interesting. 1, 2, 3 he counted each blue dot he found in the soft baked muffin.

"Ashhh?" Michael dragged Ashton out of his daydream, and attempted distraction.

"Hmmm?" he dazed.

"You wanna come over and hang out with Cal and me," he asked again.

Ashton looked up towards his best friend with a slight frown. He loved Calum and Michael, he really did! But right at this moment he wanted to be as far away as possible from any other kind of couple. Especially ones like Calum and Michael. He absolutely adored their relationship, Calum treated Michael like a king and Michael looked at Calum as if he was the reincarnation of Jesus himself, although obviously Jesus is a lot less dirtier than them two.

Fuck them for having such a wonderful relationship.

Fuck Ashton for being so envious of them.

Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!

Ashton was about to say something, but he was cut of mid breath.

"It's fine, I get it," Michael smiled.

And God bless, Ashton thought because he didn't quite want to explain to Michael, his best friend, how envious he was of his relationship. He just simply new already.

So the two waited until Calum came and picked them up in his very expensive car, lucky Michael bedded a personal trainer. He chatted with the lovely couple who wouldn't stop groping each other, then he was on his way to the store to buy some things.

On his way out he grabbed his bag that sat in Michael's now vacated chair. When he was about to walk out of the door he was accidentally pushed. Whoever the person was, was very very strong. Ashton didn't bother to look at the culprit.

"Sorry..." he muttered not caring that the push kind of hurt.

Then he was off, walking along the sidewalk, alone, sad, and a tad bit jealous. Damn.

comment | vote | share

----------

not much to say, but please vote and comment.

question; who's your fave?
my answer; MICHAEL

emma :)