the journey to the boy

Devin POV:

I'm out in the woods distracting the lost boys because Pan's gonna put Felix under some curse to save Allie. All I could think of to distract the boys was target practice, so I'm here trying to hopelessly teach Charlie how to shoot an arrow.

" Okay Charlie last chance, just pull the string, point the arrow at the target, annnnd Release, Charlie good job you actually hit the target this time," Charlie had finally hit the target.

" But I wanna get a bullseye!" Charlie whined, he just couldn't be happy with what he got.

When I was just getting ready to help Charlie line-up another shot Aiden came back, he looked frantic. Aiden was the only other lost boy who knew about the curse. I had sent him to go to the camp and see what was going on, so I assume Pan did it.

" Hey, Devin we need to talk, send the boys back to the camp, Pan and Felix did it, when they leave I need to talk to you," I knew it was either important or bad news because Aiden is shy and almost never talks unless something really important is happening.

" Alright boys time to head back to the camp, I'll be right behind you," I said, after all the boys left the range Aiden looked at me, he seemed sad.

" Devin Felix did it, but there is still semi-bad news. We still don't know if Wendy can wake him up, the only other person he truly loved was, was his mother, but she's gone, so we might be needing a new lost boy if Wendy can't do it," I couldn't tell any of the lost boys, I knew this news would spread like wildfire.

" So what does Pan want me to do," I still didn't know what this had to do with me.

" Pan wants you to go with the shadow to find a new lost boy, it's bad news because he doesn't know if you'll ever get back. We need the right fit if Felix is never going to wake up, we need someone perfect, we need you to go," I knew I had to do it for the lost boys, I had to do it for Felix.

" Alright so when do I leave," I tried to stay as cheerful as I could, I didn't want to leave, I could not take the chance to see my mother again, I left them, I could not go back.

" Now, I can tell the boys you went hunting, Pan has magic so if you don't come back, he can make an illusion of you leaving the island," I did not want to go. I wanted to stay here, with the boys and our little jewel.

Shadow POV:

I was minding my own business in the forest of shadows when I heard my living double A.K.A Peter Pan.

" shadow I need you to take Devin to find a new lost boy, you need to take Devin to the enchanted forest, find the perfect boy for neverland and take him here," Pan was not in my forest of course, because he knows anyone who steps foot in my forest, pays a price.

I am Pan's shadow, we are connected. I can hear him, but only when he wants to communicate with me.

" Pan, you know I don't like heavy baggage when I leave the island," it's true I hate heavy baggage.

" Devin is going!" Pan snapped at me, you think I'd get some respect for being his shadow and all that.

" Alright have the boy meet me by the shore in one hour, one more than that, and I go alone," I am not a patient shadow.

I was waiting at the beach, I was about three minutes from leaving Devin behind. Then he walked through the forest and onto the beach.

" Alright let's go, oh and no funny business," yea like I'd want to kill a lost boy and risk the chance of Pan sending me off the island.

He reached out his hand and I grabbed it, we flew for a while when we reached the enchanted forest we were above a town, of course, any lost boy knows the drill when searching for a new boy. Knock on every door and ask for food and shelter for the night, if they let you in, first see if they have a boy, then when the parents are asleep tell the boy where you're from and ask them to come to Neverland with you. If the boy says yes I will appear outside the window, if they say no I will appear outside the window and take the lost boy out to search again.

" Alright go," I say as I drop Devin off on the street. When he goes to the first house I listen, I

hear everything.

" And remember to use a fake name!" I yelled after Devin as he was about to knock on the door.

" Hello, my name is Logan, will you be kind enough to grant me food and shelter for the night," every lost boy that Pan has ever had knows that line by heart, but with a different name.

" Oh you poor thing have you been living on the streets, well no matter that, come in, come in, there is plenty of room in the house, Jack won't mind sharing his room with a friend," this lady was so nice, it sickened me.

" You are so kind," Devin said as the lady opened up the door and let "Logan" in. It's kind of nice being able to go invisible and watch the show from inside the house. I went invisible and slipped through the window to observe the boy, Jack is the name I remember.

" Well Logan I'll show you to the Parlor, you can meet Jack," The lady had guided Devin into the Parlor where there was a buoy who looked to be about the age of twelve.

" Jack, I'd like you to meet Logan, he'll be staying with us for the night," Devin waved to Jack, Jack waved back to him, they both sat down and Jack started talking to Devin.

" Where are you from Logan?" Jack asked him, I was worried the secret couldn't get out so soon.

" I was born in the port town west from here, but I was abandoned as a child," Devin made it seem so sincere like he was really abandoned as a child.

Jack POV:

" Logan, that's sad, do you ever wish you had a family?" I asked the strange boy my mother had brought in from the street.

" Not really no, I just am glad that I get food to eat and people are kind enough to open their homes to a total stranger from off the streets," I felt bad for Logan, I loved my family, and it would be hard to think of living without them.

" Boy's time for dinner!" Mother called from the kitchen, me and Logan got up and went to dinner.

" Thank you again for being so kind, letting a total stranger into your home," Logan seems so nice, I hope he may come back after today.

" Logan, you are such a kind boy, I think it may have been a blessing to us that you have come to us," mother was right Logan may have been a blessing to us.

We ate dinner, then mother showed Logan to my room where we set up a bed for him. Mother left and I talked to Logan some more, he told me he had something he needed to tell me.

" Jack, I've been lying to you, my name is Devin I live in Neverland, I am a lost boy I am here to look for new lost boys, we want you to come to Neverland and live with us," it was like he just punched my right in the face.

" So what, you just want me to leave my family, and everything else, and just come with you to Neverland?" I was so mad he just came into my home and then tried to take me to "Neverland?"

" If you'll come with me, then yes," I had no intentions of going with him.

" No," I replied, I was definitely not hopping out a window and heading off to an island with a total stranger.

" Well in that case I must go, goodbye Jack," Devin hopped out the window and left, I never did see that boy again.