interwiew

To introduce you a little bit about the book and the main characters, I decided to do this little interview with me and the characters.

What inspired you to write this story? The story is fully inspired by fiction, same events, same moments, same characters, only I wanted to add a character, Beatrice, this character will upset Giuliano's life compared to what happens in fiction

Why Giuliano as the protagonist? Apart from the fact that I adore Bradley James, but I also chose him because we often hear about Lorenzo de'Medici, but never about Giuliano, and then he has something special about him, he lets himself be carried away by the good life , from the passion, he is a character on which I immediately put an eye as soon as the fiction came out and not only for his beauty hahaha

Tell us about Beatrice
Beatrice is the fifth daughter of Fiammetta Orsini and Giulio Ridolfi, Fiammetta is a Roman woman with very ancient and noble origins, in her family we find Cardinals, Dukes, a Pope and various princes, in the true story her character does not exist and the relationship she has with the Orsini family is not true, in the story she is the sister of Giacomo Orsini, the father of Clarice, Giulio Ridolfi is instead a Florentine banker, but resident of Venice, Fiammetta and Giulio have a few years of difference, after the marriage 5 children are born, here we only know Beatrice, Jacopo and Cosimo, they are dear friends of the Medici family, in fact Giuliano and Beatrice who are the same age, grow up together even with the distance between Venice and Florence, Beatrice immediately falls in love with him, and when she is 15 her family moves to Florence for her father's work. I do not reveal anything else

Hi Beatrice
Hi!!!
How is your character?
Uhm ... Beatrice is a tenacious woman, she fights for her love, she would do anything for her family and for the people she loves, she is determined but very emotional, she loves Florence, she loves art and poetry, she is a character amazing in my opinion, it is amazing, in the future of the story we will see her immersed in political decisions, which a woman in the Renaissance was not allowed to do. She lives in art, for her the maximum splendor is art. He knows how to stand up for what he believes, he fights to get what he wants, has very high expectations, and would do everything to prevent them from being disappointed. She finds good in everything, even in people who don't deserve it, she is a little naive at first, but over time she will become a great woman.

Tell us about Giuliano and your history
Their story begins when they are small, united by a great friendship, they grow up together, Beatrice falls in love with him since she was a child, er ... theirs is an extraordinary love, interrupted several times, we know that Giuliano is not a marriage type , she loves life and its pleasures and marrying a woman was certainly not among her goals, Beatrice on the contrary, she dreams of a life next to a man who loves her and many children, Beatrice needs someone to support her when everything falls on her shoulders and she in Giuliano knows she finds these characteristics.

A word to describe Florence? Medici ... they are the heart of Florence, they and the people

And instead, if I say Medici, what comes to your mind?
Family, because every person of the Medici has something that the whole family cannot do without

Hey Giuliano, we are very happy to have you here
I'm happy too, I know that Beatrice spoke very highly of me

Yes, that's it, then tell us a little about Giuliano
Giuliano is a character who must find a role in his family, he does not want to take on the responsibilities that his brother has, towards Lorenzo he is protective, very protective, but there is a moment in which he will prefer to do others, he loves his family, he loves life and its pleasures, I know that everyone is saying this! (he exclaims laughing), my character grows in privilege, and they like this, but without too many responsibilities, he is a playboy, he kills hearts and then he meets Simonetta, falls in love with her, but does not know that Beatrice, his greatest friend loves him, he protects her as he protects the people he loves, he is a character who loves art, loves duels, "jousting", then you will find out about him in the story!

If I say Medici what comes to your mind?
Uhm...Giuliano (laughs). Giuliano because, in the story, there is not much talk of him, instead here, in the story, he is the absolute protagonist together with Beatrice.

Okay, thank you so much for being with us, and we can't wait to see you in the story
Thanks to you, I will amaze you!!!

Hi Lorenzo, we've all been waiting for this moment, talk to you who are the Magnificent, can you tell us a little about yourself?
Lorenzo is a powerful man, cultured, has many ambitions, and then he is a patron, I love art, and he pays close attention to artists, including Sandro Botticelli, who is a brother to him. He is a modern hero. I divide between two women, Lucrezia and Clarice, but in the end for the good of the family he will always choose his wife. He is the head of the family after the death of his father and will lead her to be one of the most famous Renaissance families, a character closely linked to Giuliano, and in fact at some point he will suffer so much for him to do something that he would not have at first never done.

And if I tell you Lorenzo the Magnificent what do you think?
Art, because as I said before he is a character who loves art with all its forms.

How is your relationship with Giuliano?
Giuliano and I are very different, he does not want responsibility, he does not want a life like mine and I respect him because he has a wonderful life, he is my protective towards me and I appreciate this because he is my best friend as well as being my brother.

It was nice talking with you, see you next time!
Hello everyone!