Escape

I'm starting this off WITHOUT any questions. The title of this chapter is called "Escape", however the last one was called "Trapped: Part One". THE NEXT "Trapped" CHAPTER WILL COME LATER IN THE BOOK. NOT RIGHT AFTER. You'll see why. ONTO THE STORY...

    I wasn't going to tell Chameleon. I just wasn't. I had a plan. I wasn't going to tell him about the animus magic that stopped working. I was going to let him believe that it was still working. Then when he asked me to use some of my magic, he was going to see that it didn't work.
    If, however, that last part didn't happen, when he asked me to use my magic, I would have said:
    "Well, clearly my magic doesn't work around idiots." And then he would have replied:
    "It doesn't work that way though." Then I would have said:
    "Is your brain not working today? Clearly I could have enchanted it to be like that. Oh wait, I forgot, your brain only works once every year."
    And then if he didn't get mad, that was the end of my plan. How I was going to get free, I didn't know.

    Chameleon came in with lava. I hissed at him. He smirked back. He repeated the process of digging out some places near the lava and filling those with lava from the bucket. He then left, coming back a moment later, again, with food.
    "Here's your daily food. And water." He said, putting down a small bowl of water and a deer. I growled. (I don't like deer, you stupid dragon!) But he didn't hear me as he took my muzzle off.
    I sauntered over to where the pillar was, then eating and drinking. But as I was turning to my deer carcass again, I heard something that sounded like...keys.
    I spun around, my eyes looking around like crazy, searching for the key. It had to be on Chameleon. It just had to. But...
    I looked around a few more times. Then I sighed. Of course. Of course he hid it from sight.
    And then I got an idea.

    A few days past of the same things, bribery to use my magic, my plan failing (that was only once, but still, it annoys me to this day), food, water, and finally, my real plan was put to action.
    As Chameleon came over to where I was to take my muzzle off for food, I felt around for ripples in the air where Chameleon was hiding. When I felt a breeze to my left, I stayed still, pretending I didn't. My muzzle was slowly pulled off, and after it was, I didn't do anything for a while, looking for the ripples again. This time, they were above me. As I faked turning around to my food, the ripples began to go toward the pillar. Chameleon was probably going to land there until I finished, quickly putting the muzzle back on.
    Well, that's not going to happen, sorry.

    Almost right after I thought that, I lunged for the ripples. In a panic, Chameleon turned back to his original colors.
    Wait, I thought. This is completely not related, but how is Chameleon camouflaging himself if he can't change his scales? I looked closer at the key and realized it was glowing. Of course! He must have a piece of the scroll still. If I can find it, I can tear it up or something, and steal his key. Not only can I get out of here, but I can make him easier to spot if he follows me! Perfect!

I snarled at him, ready to shoot flame if it came to that. I started to search everywhere, finally finding the scroll piece hidden in a pouch. I searched through the pouch, found nothing interesting, threw the pouch in the lava, and grabbed the key. I also threw the scroll in the lava. It would be helpful, but I couldn't risk giving it back to Chameleon. Plus, I needed to get rid of that enchantment. Right before I threw the scroll in the lava, though, I thought for a second before grabbing a quill that was attached to it and I wrote:
    I enchant any key that I touch to free itself from all spells. This is a one time use. After I touch a key, this will not work anymore.

I smiled proudly at my work. I picked up the key. Instantly, it stopped glowing. I then threw the scroll straight into the lava with the quill. I breathed flame ever so slightly on the side of Chameleon's wing, just so that he couldn't fly for a day.
     I hope he starves. I thought bitterly. Then I freed myself from my wing bindings and my chain, flying off into the sunset.

    As I reached the outside of my little "enclosure", I stopped midair. This wasn't what Pyrrhia looked like. There were no trees. No Kingdom of Sand. No rainforest. Nothing that reminded me of home. I wasn't on Pyrrhia.
    And then I remembered about stories that my mother told me from Aunt Tsunami (Hey, she wasn't here to get annoyed, I could call her whatever I wanted to). I remembered the one story that sent chills down my spine of just thinking about there being another place with dragons.
    The answer hit me as soon as I remembered.

I was on the other continent.