Puttin' Em Through the Ring(er) ☺️

{Hey lovelies! Back with some more Pixane fluff! RubyRed883 and I got together and write another oneshot and I must say, I love writing with her! Go give her oneshots some love if you haven't already because she deserves it! Now it's on to the fluff!}

Background info before you read: Pixane buddy cop AU—Based on Ruby's "Lawless Love" very loosely. In this story, Zane's got something special planned for their day off! {The pic above might be a hint 👀}

~~~

"Detectives Julien and Borg. You're on this case." Zane and Pixal's boss handed them a manila folder full of case information. "The Shadow has been on the run for weeks, cutting power lines, hacking computers, basically anything electronic is in danger. Now, I know you're both metal, but you're my best detectives and I need you both on this job to get it done. Capeesh?"

Zane took the folder from Captain Marlo with one hand and took Pixal's hand with the other. "I see. We're on it, Captain." He said and glanced at Pixal. "We'll take a look and get right on it." Pixal nodded and they went to go take a look at the information in the next room over.

Today was probably the worst day for the nindroid couple to be brought in for overtime. Zane had specifically requested for them to have today off for a very special reason. One which currently rested in his pocket.

He and Pixal had been together for 4 years now. For the past few months, he'd been contemplating and planning on proposing to her. He acquired a ton of advice from his brothers on how to do it, but they hadn't planned on them getting called into work today. His whole plan was going to get wrecked!

And he was so busy thinking about how the day would turn out that he didn't notice Pixal talking to him. He'd been fiddling with the ring box in his pocket, popping and snapping the lid back and forth while staring into space.

"Zane! Did you hear me?" Pixal snapped in his face and he started out of his thoughts. "We just got another report in. Shadow's on the move. We've got to go if we are going to capture Shadow in time."

"Oh! Yes, of course. We must hurry." Zane agreed distractedly. Maybe if they hurried and caught Shadow fast enough, he would still have time to execute his plan properly. "He's headed downtown, you said?" He asked while they made their way to the car. Pixal nodded and they got in to go. Time to catch a criminal!

Zane may have thought he could hide his nervous and distracted demeanor that day, but Pixal definitely noticed.

He was usually always on top of things, and executing the plan perfectly, and as professionally as possible.

But now he wouldn't make eye contact with her, and kept fiddling with his snow blond locks when he thought she wasn't looking.

It was odd. Possibly he was worried about her getting hurt?

She didn't like that chance either, but work was work. They had a mission to fulfill.

"I'll drive," she said, a little too eagerly. If he was this scatterbrained now, what would he be like behind the wheel?

Zane nodded. "Let's do this."

He coyly removed his hand from his pocket, and tried to act casual by scratching his neck.

"I know this fellow is dangerous," Pixal spoke as she drove down a city street. "but we need to keep our wits about us."

Zane messed with his utility belt. "Yes. The sooner we capture and interrogate the Shadow, the sooner we can get home."