"It's Quiet Uptown" Pixane Tribute

{ Season 11 spoilers if you haven't seen that!
Alanshee-Valera helped me come up with this concept on Discord! For anyone familiar with Hamilton, this will ring a bell. Basically, we though, "What if Pixal had gotten snatched to the Never Realm instead of Zane?"
I was listening to It's Quiet Uptown at the moment and she suggested we could rewrite the lyrics to it. So, here we are! She had a story similar to this on her profile as well, so check that out too! Once you get to "one week later", hit the play button for the music.}

~~~

It all happened so fast. He couldn't get there, too far, it's too fast, he's too slow-

In a flash, she was gone.

"PIXAL!" He screamed and ran to where she'd disappeared. He barely made it before he collapsed onto his hands and knees. Horror and rage and fear and sadness... they all struck daggers at his power source at once. Is this what Pixal felt when he died the first time? "My sweet snowflake, I'm so sorry. Please, come back. You're my world." He whispered, almost inaudible.

He couldn't hear the others calling his name, nor did he notice the ice growing from his palms and surrounding him. His tears barely escaped his eyes before they froze and shattered on impact. His heart was similarly shattered into millions of pieces.

Spikes of ice bigger than a person grew at alarming rates around the devastated nindroid. The temperature dropped instantly and harsh, snowy winds from nowhere started to blow. The team wasn't able to get close enough for him to hear their pleas to calm down. The winds pushed them away and the spikes kept them from approaching any more.

Zane's tears kept coming faster and faster, freezing and shattering as fast as they were shed. He screamed, sobbed, and shook his head in denial. He didn't notice his whole body was slowly being encased in a block of ice. His emotions were too strong, eventually they would overpower him if he didn't gain control soon.

"Zane! Let us through!" A faint voice could be heard from outside his self-made ice prison. An orange glow and slight rise in temperature made it easy to guess who was trying to get through.

"No! Do not come any closer! You will be hurt!" Zane shouted. He was scared, confused, angry, and the constant daggers to his power source just broke him that much more.

A loud beeping from his core indicating his temperature was getting too low to function slowly started to bring him out of his funk. But not soon enough. The ice creeped up his arms and around his neck and he started to panic. It only moved faster.

The last thing he saw was Kai finally breaking through the melting ice and rushing towards him. Kai swore and pressed his hands to Zane's core to try and melt the thickening ice. "I thought he couldn't freeze himself..."

~~~

One week later
{Go ahead and hit the play button!}

There are moments that the words don't reach
There is suffering too terrible to name
You hold your partner as tight as you can
And push away the unimaginable

The whole week after, Zane had refused to talk after he came back online. He'd wandered around the Bounty with his old gi clutched to his chest. The one he'd given her.

The moments when you're in so deep
It feels easier to just swim down
The ninja team moved uptown
And learned to live with the unimaginable

One more week. They'd left the Bounty after Zane had woken up one night, crying that he couldn't be here if she wasn't. They almost weren't able to open the door that night. It had frozen shut.

I spend hours in the garden
I walk alone to the store
And it's quiet uptown
I never liked the quiet before

I can't sleep well without my snowflake
A picture of my love at our door
And I pray
That never used to happen before

Week 3. He still didn't talk. Sleepless nights were frequent and days were long. Hope for saving Pixal started to wane.

If you see him in the street
Walking by himself, talking to himself, have pity

Pixal, you would like it uptown, it's quiet uptown

He is working through the unimaginable
His hair has gone grey
He passes every day
They say he walks the length of the city

You knock me out, I fall apart

Can you imagine?

A month after her disappearance, he'd only spoken in nightmares. Who knew a nindroid could become so tired and worn down? All their efforts to try and cheer him up and convince him she could be saved was for nothing.

Until one day came a spark of hope.