Cheers

"Cheers" we all said as our glasses hit each other. Jasmine let out a squill and smiled at me. I couldn't believe we actually did it , we got a contract with a record label. It's unreal , he's only heard us once.

"Thank you so much again Mr Donovan" Lex said looking over at Drake Donovan who took a puff of his cigaret.

"Hey call me Drake" He said smiling at Lex. He was so charming.

"Also I have to make it known that I am such a big fan of your music" said Lex who suddenly seemed to turn into a fan girl. I didn't know Drake was a musician , I thought he was just a cool guy who owned a music company.

"Well thanks Lex ! And with that in mind I would love to do a song with you guys for the album. That should get the fan base up" Drake said humbly. Well if he makes Lex squirm like a teenage girl I'm sure he must be something special "That's if Dove doesn't mind singing with a old has been like me"

"Not at all" I said piping up from my chair. If he can help the band in more ways then one I am all for it "I've actually been working on a song that could possibly work as a duet"

"Well I would love to hear it !" Drake said looking at me and winking. What's with the wink? Did he know something I'm suppose to know but don't ?

"Sure" I said uneasy for I was unsure what he was trying to convey. Am I missing something ?

"Now enough business talk this is a celebration. Two nights in LA and have already got yourselves a record deal! Talk about luck" Drake said as he looked over at the sea of people dancing on the dance floor. The club was packed with people. I had never seen a busier place but then again I didn't really go clubbing that much in Cleveland.

"Drake Donovan!" A tall slender man said walking up to our table. He held a camera in his hand "Please everyone in the club is bussing about the sexy company you have! Would you care to comment?"

Was this guy a journalist ? I had never seen one in the flesh before, only heard about them and seen them in movies.

"These amazing young people are going to be the hottest band for years to come. 'NightLight' and I'll let you in on a little secret they are vampires" Drake said being all sophisticated. The band all looked at each other awkwardly, we still weren't use to the idea of posing as fake vampires.

"Vampires you say ! And who is the singer" The man said reaching for his pen and paper. I felt Drake wrap his hand around my waist and pull me close.

"Well let me introduce you to Dove Summers, the singer. She is such a talent , the voice of an angel. But a thirst for blood like a devil" Drake said looking deep into my eyes , I started to feel extremely uncomfortable. It's been awhile since a man has looked at me like that.

"Could I get a photo?" The man said putting his note pad into his pocket and holding up the camera.

"Of course" Drake said giving the okay. We all posed for the camera and smiled with cheesy grins, as the flash went off I felt Drakes mouth kiss my cheek.

The journalist walked off into the see of people. I looked back at Drake who smirked at me. Is a kiss on the cheek a friendly move for him or something more. I still don't understand the concept of kissing. I mean there is friendly kissing and sexual kissing , it seems to be different for each person.

"If you really want to survive in this world of fame you have to know that getting your photos taken and such will help you keep on the public radar. I myself may not create music myself anymore but I still come to places like this so most people still know who I am" Drake said pulling out another cigarette "work the journalists keep them talking but don't reveal to much"

"Dove?!" Spike said coming up to the table. What was he doing here ?

"Spike" I said in shock , I never expected to see him in a place like this "what are you doing here?"

"Your father and I have some business with the owner" Spike said waving to the other band mate. When his eyes met Drake I felt uneasy.

"Crap is he here ?" I said looking around the club but their was no sign of him.

"Your okay I'm the errand by once again" He said rolling his eyes "can I speak to you?"

"Sure" I said as I looked at Drake who moved out of the booth so I could have a private word with the blonde vampire. Spike looked Drake up and down, what was the matter with him. I mean he is normally a bit abrupt but he was just being rude.

Spike grabbed my arm and pulled me through the club. People looked at me up and down and started to gossip. Did Drakes publicity scheme actually work that fast.

Spike pushed open the back door and we entered the alleyway at the die of the club. A couple of people were making out besides the dumpsters , spike pretended like he didn't notice. He seemed grumpy about something.

"What's wrong?" I said as he let go of my arm. I looked at him straight in the eye, God he was being so moody and he hasn't even said anything yet.

"Who's that tosser your with?" He said crossing his arms.

"That's Drake and he's the owner of a record company who has offered us a contract" I said smiling at Spike whose mood did not change.

"You sleeping with that wanker?" He said looking at me looking even more angry.

"What? No! " I said, I was shocked that he would even say that!

"Then how come he kissed you ? And the club is buzzing around saying you are together and that's why your band has a record deal?" Spike said as he looked me dead in the eye. We did not break eye contact.

"What! No ! Non of that is true! He kissed me but it was on the cheek. Trust me Spike I'm not ready for anything like that" I said as I looked away from him "I told you this before! I tell you everything, so just stop getting angry over nothing"

"Dove are you okay" Drake said popping his head out of the door.

"She's fine" Spike said giving him a death stare.

"Yes Spike I am !" I said looking at him trying to calm him.

"If he gives you trouble I'll give him what for" Spike said as he walked off down the alleyway.

"Who's that?" Drake said as I entered the club.

"My bestfriend " I said letting out an awkward laugh

------

Sorry this is so short but I've been so busy and knew I had to update :) hope you guys like it

Comment and vote :)

Xoxo misakisses