CHAPTER 11

|FINNICK|
I had things to do. Always.
I was everyone's go to guy when it came to cleaning shit up, which with the Vanderson boys meant permanent custodial duties.

what I did to Peyton Winslow, I was way off my game.

Of course she wasn't my first dead body and she won't be the last but my minds been on other things lately. Theirs no doubt in my mind that the Dean and Head Mistress won't take care of this, that come next week yesterday's news will be just that.

But my head's somewhere else, the thing is I'm not in my right mind. I would of disposed of her easily- smoothly- discreetly usually, I would of wiped my hands with her and been on my way but last night was different.

Last night, dragging her body through the woods and on to campus I realized just how ridiculous it was. I didn't kill her, I don't think I could be that cruel yet, but I knew what I had done was all in the name of brotherhood and for some reason that just didn't sit well with me.

What kind of brother hood required me to become an accomplice in a murder?

The Vanderson boys.

Now, here I am again... In the name of brotherhood and friendship, I was about to pin maybe one of the most innocent girls if met this year.

She stands behind the checkout counter of the 'Vanderson Prep School Store'.

Her eyes were glued to the papers in front of her and a pencil in her hand moving vigorously as she writes.

On second thought I wanted to turn around and leave her alone.

I could always tell Luke she wouldn't accept it; That She didn't want the pin.

There's no way he'd believed that.

We were skilled professionals, trained in getting these girls to say 'YES,' if I wanted Frankie pinned I could of easily done it.

I just didn't want to.

She would get through her year with ease and morals; respect for herself.

If I talked to her, I would be the first domino in the rippling affect that'll ruin her life aka define her future. Her life as she knew it now would come crashing around her and it all depended on wether or not I said hi.

Then again, Piper's life had crashed around her, what's another girl added to the list. Right? I pushed the thought to the back of my mind, I never wanted this for any girl. I was a Vanderson boy against my better judgement but that has become yet another thought to be pushed to the back of my mind as well.

Frankie was a pawn.

The next move in the game that Piper and Lucas played.

I didn't want to pin her, I didn't like pinning anyone. But for every thought that forbid it came another of integrity and loyalty to my friends.

Not just to Lucas, Kyler, Killian or the others, but also to Piper. Her safety meant the most to me.

So if pinning Frankie was the sacrifice, I'd make it. In the name of brotherhood.

I stand just outside the doorway.

"Frankie, Right?" I say, she looks up. "Don't do this." She hums, sighing momentarily before looking back down.

"Do what?" I ask, innocently.
Frankie's a smart girl, there's no doubt in my mind she wouldn't catch on quick.

"I'm not interested, ok." She says, looking back down to her papers.

"We haven't officially met." I offer, leaning up in the doorway.

"not sure I want to." She shifts uncomfortably in her spot, doesn't even look back up at me.