Chapter 14: Shadow -Where I Want To Be

Ha! Blue has no idea. And he won't ever get an idea until we figure out this damned warning thing.

~~

"Cam?" I knock on the storm door of her house, then enter as if it was mine. Knowing Cam, she would probably have her music blasting, unable to hear anything that's going on outside of her little world.

I walk down the hall way, unable to find the cat. "Camilla?" Kinda weird she left the door open if she's not home...

From the awkward silence of me creeping around the house to a sudden, loud pounding of bass of God knows what song basting through the house, I could only guess Cam.

Wasn't that hard to follow the sounds through the house, down the hall, and apparently to... a basement? I thought this was only a ground level house... What do I know?

I open the door to what anyone would think to be a closet, but is actually a door to a tight spiral staircase, going straight down. Right to another door.

"Really?" I mutter to myself. "I musn't know anything about this territory..."

The music stops finally, leaving my ears ringing.

I turn the doorknob and open the door way too easily. Only to find out why it was easy, in the best way there could ever be.

Just as I open the door, Cam was opening the door from the other side.

We come face to face with each other expectantly, not realizing the other was actually present in the house.

"AH!" We both jolt backwards.Cam; falling backwards, and me; stumbling over the stairs behind me. Both of us laughing too hard to have the ability to get back up.

After a long three minutes, I finally get up, offering Cam a hand up. "You alright, Cam?"

"Shaken up, thanks to you, but yeah, fine." She narrows her eyes at me, trying to seem unamused.

"Not my fault." I smirk.

"Suuuuuure..." She rolls her eyes.

"What is this anyhow?" I look around the room, only to see my own eyes in the refelction of all the mirrors on the walls.

"Dance studio." She raises an eye at me. "You don't get out much, do you?"

"You dance?" I avoid her question.

"Yup. If my parents knew everything I do in my free-time, I'd be dead." She cracks a small smile.

"From the things I hear from you, I wonder how you even lived."