Chapter 24

~Love is like heaven but can hurt like hell~

"Sky...sky" He says in a calm voice it was almost like a whisper that combined with the wind.
So calm that it slightly makes you shiver.
"Sky can you just tell me the real reason you walked out to drive up here"
His eyes were now glossy I looked up and saw the usual creases of his smile lines sagged.
The effort he put in to contain himself and make it look like he was fine as he tried to hold back the tears his going to break any second.
I took in a big breath and told him how I really felt.

"I go there whenever I can't think straight, whenever there's a bad situation... I come and see him; he soothes me, he listens to me"

"Call me crazy" I muttered before letting out a little nervous laugh "but he actual gives me advice and tells me to be strong no matter what the situation is ...he believes in me"
I looked towards the window feeling awkward and not really wanting to face him after my little outburst.

"Oh"was all that escaped his lips

"Don't take it personally it's just ...when I have something to get off my chest and know one understands I go to him.
He always knew what to say ...he's my guardian angel"
I slightly glance to my side where I saw Austin's hurt eyes, he was slightly taken back what I said.
"But you ...you are my beautiful prince" I smiled widely at him, he gave me a weak smile before stopping the car.

"Why did you stop?" I ask but he didn't respond
He opened the door
"Get out"
I looked at him puzzled I slowly open the door and hopped out.
Was he mad at me?
I mean he did ask why I came up here?
Maybe it was too much for him...maybe I came across insensitive?
"What are we doing?"
"Just follow me" He stated before he stretched out his hand for me to grab as we soon intertwined our fingers.
I felt butterflies in my stomach.
I nuzzled my head into his arm as I could feel my cheeks start to get heated but before I could console myself we stopped in our tracks.

"You make me feel... alive" Austin breathed out as he looked down on my small figure looking deep into my eyes
It's like he finally felt at peace, relieved that he finally told me that.
I bit my lip trying to contains myself from smiling to ear to ear.

"Whenever you touch me butterflies erupt through my body I feel tingles of electricity rush through my body"

"There was no mistaking the devotion in those beautiful hazel eyes of yours whenever you look at me" I say looking up into his eyes letting him know that whatever he says, I believe and trust him.
"Your my prince ..."
"And your my princess soon to be queen ...I love you so much Skylar whatever happens I'll always be by your side through this process of you having cancer.
Just know I'll never stop loving you.
I don't even know why your with me.
I unintentionally hurt you that's why I want to protect you and give you all the affection you need because your the love of my life. "

"The worst bit wasn't that you hurt me nor was it the worst when I cried and cried for you for so long.
But it was the part that when I saw you with Maddie I knew I would still take you back in a heartbeat if she was out of the picture.
I just had to make you want me, so I wouldn't give in so easily"
I leaned in and Austin soon followed my action.
Our lips connect causing sparks exploding throughout my body like fireworks
We soon separated from the passionate kiss.
We stood there for a while admiring each other under the moonlight
"I love you to the moon and back"
"I love you more than...Pizza!" Austin confidently announced before we both looked at each other and stood there laughing.
We decided to sit down on the top of the car as I laid my head on Austin's shoulder he wrapped his arm around my shoulder bringing me in closer and holding me tightly next to him as if he was scared I would leave if he let go.
We stayed like this for a while gazing up to the sky looking at the stars.
This moment was precious... I'll always remember this day till the day I die.
I could feel Austin staring at me, even though we were dating it made me uncomfortable when he stared at me.
I was always wondering whether he looked at me and thought he made a mistake.
That I was ugly.
Like I wasn't good enough.
I know it's stupid to think like that but sometimes I had those moments...my insecurities would consume me.
"What?" I muttered against his shoulder.
"I'm staring because I wonder how could someone be as beautiful as you ...your perfect " He mumbled, eyes still glued to my face.
I blushed and nuzzling my face into the side of him even more, wishing that I could disappear from this embarrassing moment.
He made me feel like I was in school again.
I don't know why I was embarrassed...I guess it baffled me that someone who first acted like they were so uninterested in me who may I say looks like a Greek god, could ever find me beautiful.
I was so flustered.
He made me feel good about myself.