Chapter 20

Your hands hesitantly made their way down towards his wound, tearing his good guy overalls and colourful t shirt so that the wound was now exposed.

You pressed the cloth against his skin, hearing him hiss in pain, slamming his back down onto the seat as you applied pressure to his chest.

It took you a few seconds to finally stop, seeing that the bleeding had come to a halt. You removed the white fabric from his torn flesh, before opening the sewing kit and getting a needle and thread ready.

Your two fingers that now held a needle, moved closer and closer towards the doll's exposed wound, fearing to poke the sharp end into the toy's skin, afraid of causing him more damage and pain than actually helping him.

"What're ya waiting for..?" The doll asked, weakly, his dry voice causing your breathing to hitch. You gulped in response, your hand shaking violently as it made it's way even more closer towards him. "Do it already!!" The doll snapped loudly through the sharp stinging sensation that throbbed within his chest area , causing you to finally prick his skin.

"SHIT!" Chucky cussed in anguish, causing you to hesitate, "I'm sorry! I-" you began to apologize, face holding disgust and uncomfort as the whole area began to fill with the irony scent, you could hear the thick ooze gushing from his torn flesh, imagining the pain he felt only caused your face the scrunch up with nausea. "No, no, I'm fine... " He tried to sound reassuring, trying to calm you down. "Carry on with it.." he told, nodding at you to do so and giving you his full consent, causing you to take in a deep breath before starting to stitch his wound back up once again, flinching everytime he cursed in agony, trying to ignore his loud cries.

"SON OF A BITCH!" the doll yelled out, sounding the pain he had been bottling up and slamming his balled up fist onto the door next to him. You were now half way through and hearing his painful cries didn't help the amount of stress and pressure you were in at that moment.

The doll moaned in discomfort, eyes drowsy and tired, he was exhausted, but couldn't really doze of or fall asleep either due to how much pain he felt, that being the only thing keeping him up and somewhat alert, he noticed that you stopped once again, feeling the pain increase and his patience and tolerance that he tried to maintain, do the opposite. This wasn't good, he was definitely turning more human, and if this is how much pain he felt right now, he could've only imagined the pain he would feel when he finally did turn fully human.

He watched as you bit down on your lower lip, face flushed due to stress as sweat trickled down your forehead and cheeks.

"(Y/n), if ya don't hurry up, I'll turn more human..." The doll explained through pants, swallowing. "And when I do, this is gonna hurt so much more... You're gonna have to speed up, alright, doll..?" He huffed, trying to sound as comforting as he possibly could.

His head was spinning, aching. His heavy eyelids threatening to close.

"I know, I know... I'm sorry, it's just... I don't wanna hurt you..." you responded softly, eyes not leaving the half sewn up cut, seeing the dark red of his insides reflect the dim shine of the streetlight. Your gut wrenched at the sight.

"It's a little too late for that now, don't ya think? " He questioned, biting down on his own lip to conceal his groans, a hint of humor in his tone as he laughed weakly, causing you to chuckle slightly in response, faintly lighting up the mood.

Chucky continued groaning, trying to sound as soft as possible so that he wouldn't scare you into stopping again, it took you a few minutes, but you ended up stitching the whole wound and finally finishing the job, sighing in relief as all that could be heard in that current moment was the doll's exhausted pants.

You grabbed the roll of duct tape, pulling a long piece before ripping it off using your teeth. You pressed the tape onto the doll's stitches, firmly sticking it onto the sewn up cut.

"You okay..?" You questioned, wiping away the sweat from your face.

"Yeah, could've been worse... " You heard him respond.

"Thanks..." The doll mumbled lowly, looking away from you. You tilted your head slightly, never expecting him to actually show any gratitude.

"You're welcome." You responded not too long after, sounding a little too happy than you should've.

"Hey." Chucky then called out, voice coming out more stern this time, catching your attention immediately as you eyes met with his face.

"Don't get used to this...", was all he said, you really couldn't pin point whether he was actually being serious or just messing around.

"Yeah..." You replied, sounding slightly disappointed but not really being able to figure out why, maybe it was the fact that you thought you were making progress with him, or maybe it was the fact that you actually felt proud of yourself for making progress with him. After all, he was still evil, a menace to almost everyone he comes in contact with and not to mention, a serial killer, before and after possessing the doll that his soul was basically trapped in. It didn't really sit right with you, and even scared you a little how comfortable you were starting to get in his company.

"You had time to escape back there, when Andy had me down - why didn't you?" Chucky then asked, curious as to why you didn't just leave him there to deal with Andy alone while you could've just fled the scene, instead you stuck around, and even knocked Andy out.

"I... Don't know.." you responded lowly, now questioning your own actions.

"Heh, guess that was a missed opportunity, huh?" The doll comically stated, smirking at you.

"I mean, you did save me from the guy back at the gas station, guess you could consider this a repayment. " You pointed out, giving him a valid reason for your actions.

"heh, guess you're right. Looks like we're even now, huh? " he extended his hand towards you, offering it for you to shake. You took it, shaking it lightly as a smile crept up onto your face, noticing how small his hand was compared to yours, giggling.

"What?" He questioned at your sudden laughter.

"Nothing, I just realized how tiny you are, it's kinda.. cute. " You replied, shyly causing him to huff in response, pulling his hand away from yours, embarrassed. He blushed slightly, unnoticeable to you due to the darkness.

"Shut up.."