Chapter 31

Your head turned as you observed the sleeping doll next to you, tickled by the fact that even when asleep, his face still held a hint of menace as he subconsciously frowned. The staples between his torn, bulging red scars twinkled as he moved, reflecting the light from outside.

You observed his hard expression curiously, hearing the sound of his low snores erupt from his throat as he growled, eyebrows furrowing as if he were to be dreaming about something.

You sighed as you turned away from him, the silence that devoured you finally sinking in, causing you to look around the small room, observing your surroundings, processing everything you heard whilst still being in a laid down position.

Your mind drifted towards your phone, eyes side viewing it as you recalled the email you received, something in the back of your mind coercing you to go to that restaurant, persuading you to grasp onto the opportunity given.

You thought about it for awhile, battling with your own doubts before finally coming into a conclusive decision, resolving your self debate as you sat up, grabbing your phone, car and room keys before making your way outt of the room quietly.

You had to admit, this was pretty hypocritical on your part, considering how mad you felt when you found out that Chucky had snuck out while you were heavily asleep, and now here you were, doing the same as him. You rolled your eyes as you shook your thoughts away, knowing that what he did was much worse than what you were about to do. After all, you were partly sure this night wasn't going to end with someone dying as a result of your, hopefully short and safe, outing. Partly.

You made your way through the dark hallway, steps growing faster as you reached the elevator, stepping in as soon as the doors opened. The smaller atmosphere felt uncomfortable to be in, heat surrounding you as it bounced off the surfaces of the dirty walls, your skin feeling warm as a chill went down your spine.

You pressed the button of the bottom floor, feeling the lift descend slowly and shakily beneath you as you held yourself close, walking back slightly as you let yourself lean into the corner of the small area, feeling cautious as you denied yourself from touching the elevators steel handles, cringing in disgust as you peered down at a brown stain from some sort of substance, dried onto the metal. The doors opened once again as you exited, passing the clerk's desk in a hurry as you walked out of the building, a sense of freedom overpowering you as you realized you could've escaped right then and there, but with that realization came fear and uncertainty, taking you off guard as you wondered why you felt that way in the first place, considering the only emotions that should've been sparked at that moment were joy and a sense of confidence.

Perhaps it was because you knew if you did manage to make this escape, you would've regretted it in the future. Chucky hunted down Andy every since he was a kid, it was clear the doll's sense of revenge dripped off of him shamelessly, once he started something, it sure as hell was going to be finished, regardless of how many years it took to finally get it done, he was dedicated, too dedicated. What stopped him for doing the same with you?

Cold air nipped at your skin as you walked over to your car, unlocking it before getting in, slamming the door shut behind you as you turned the engine on. Your interior light lit up, shining over you as you gazed towards the seat next to you, seeing the large stain of dried blood on it as you inhaled sharply, running a hand over your face as hesitance crept itself into your mind, making you question yourself as you wondered whether you really even wanted to go through with this.

You panted in a cold sweat, rethinking your actions for the last time before you huffed, hanging on to the decision you had finished making, taking a few seconds to breathe before taking out your phone and using your GPS to lead your way to the restaurant, pulling out of the parking lot.