Chapter 15

The day eventually came to pass, both you and Chucky exchanging little to no words to eachother as the many hours went by.

It was now late in the evening, the sky darkening outside your window, not like you were even aware of it, busy skipping through advertisements on the television you had came to watch for the entirety of the day.

The food you had previously bought was finished,all that was left were the plastic packaging and brown paper bags, now thrown away into the small rubbish bin at the corner of the room.

It was awkward to say the least, you were getting bored- so bored, of sitting on that one side of the bed, flipping through channel after channel on the TV, you sighed as you switched it off, not seeing the point in continuing to watch it as there was nothing remotely entertaining even on.

You looked out of your window, surprised to see darkness, night had already fallen.

Your head turned towards your companion, his striking blue eyes deeply focused on the wall opposite of him.

He was probably zoned out, just as bored as you were.

His fierce eyes snapped towards your direction, turning his attention straight towards you with a hard expression held.

You felt a chill run down your spine, seeing him react so quickly to your eyes landing on him, it was almost as if he could sense the burn of your vision everytime you decided to look at him, it sorta freaked you out.

You wondered how long it would be until this whole silent, ‘talk-to-when-needed', phase of this relationship was going to pass, the both of you had hardly warmed up to eachother- not like you wanted that at all, your associate, was still infact, a murderous possessed doll. But it would be nice if this lingering vibe of intimidation and frightened-ness would be replaced with a feeling of norm and somewhat positivity, the possibility of that happening, however, was rather slim and unlikely.

You felt your stomach twist, your desire in consuming something returning after hours from your last meal.

“I'm kinda hungry." You told the sitting doll hesitantly.

“Again?" He asked, causing you to cock an eyebrow, taking slight offense to his question.

“How are you not? It's been hours since breakfast.." you questioned him, tilting your head in confusion.

“I eat when I have too, I'm not entirely human yet, so this body doesn't function like one. " The doll explained, causing you to nod after a few seconds, understanding.

“Well..." Chucky began, getting off of the chair.

“Let's go." He continued, his tone surprisingly chill.

You hummed in a questioning tone, not really expecting him to comply so easily.

You stood up from your seated position on the bed, his eyes following yours as you did so.

He then approached you, handing you your car keys that he grabbed a hold of earlier, you took them from his stubby hand hesitantly before the both of you made your way out of the room

~

You fastened your steps as you made it towards your parked car, opening your door and getting into the vehicle as you placed the doll down on the seat next to you, closing  the door right after.

You switched on the engine, causing your air conditioning to turn on along with it, your senses being hit with an all too familiar scent of blood.

You knew it was coming from the possessed toy sitting right next to you, but you couldn't really put a finger on how it was possible.

The last time he killed someone was back at the conviniance store, but the coppery scent smelt fresh, and recent..

You swallowed anxiously, not really even wanting to find out the reason behind your realization.

So, you kept your mouth shut, and drove out of the parking lot, trying your best to remain calm whilst trying to forget you even thought about the idea that he could've had another slaying that was concealed from you.

~

You drove along the empty road, an uncanny feel settling into your bones. You bit the inside of your bottom lip, noticing how vacant this part of town was.

You looked over at the doll seated next to you, his elbow resting upon the arm rest of his seat. Your eyes turned back towards the road once again, mindlessly driving to your still unknown destination.

You heard the radio's volume turn up, knowing Chucky was responsible for it.

The latest pop music now played clearly through the multiple speakers in your car, filling it up with the modern sound of recent day music.

A low growl of annoyance erupted from the doll's throat before he scoffed, feeling irked in response to the song that was currently being played loudly, finding it extremely distasteful and downright terrible compared to the ones that came out ‘back in the day'.

“Jesus, and I thought the 90's were shit.." the doll commented bitterly, switching from station to station until he finally stopped on one, obviously playing the songs from the period of time he was alive in. You rolled your eyes playfully in response to this, finding it some what amusing that, even if he was a cold hearted monster, he still had opinions on things like music.

“That's more fucking like it." He sighed before resting his back onto the seat once more, his head moving up and down in sync with the rhythm of the beat.

The ride was bumpy, you felt and heard the small rocks underneath your tires that prevented the drive from being smoothe, it annoyed the both of you but neither of you chose to say anything about it.

You sped up as your eyes came in contact with a gas station, approaching the dim area that was obviously really run down, as everything was in that town for some reason.

You stopped next to one out of all of the unoccupied gas pumps, looking over at Chucky, who's plain expression didn't leave you surprised at the slightest.

He handed you some of the cash he earlier snagged from his pocket.

“Don't take too long 'les ya wanna get mugged, assaulted or kidnapped." The doll warned, his tone plain and unfazed, as always when it came to serious topics. You gulped, wondering whether getting a bite to eat was really worth it considering the risk you were about to take at the possibility of the things the doll had just listed down, happening.

You hesitantly got out of the car and walked into the store, being greeted with a half asleep cashier who didn't look too thrilled to see you, along with a man who appeared to be drunk, leaning onto the ice cream chiller as he swayed dazedly from side to side. You looked at him, face twisted with disgust as you stared down at his white singlet that had a yellow stain near his chest. His bloodshot eyes then looked up towards you, his lips twisting into an unnerving smile that he probably thought to look charming, you couldn't help but peer back at him, eyes filled with horror.

You hesitantly walked a few steps into the snack isle you were approaching, taking in a deep breath as your eyes looked away from him. You grabbed some chips and a bottle of soda, walking towards the counter and looking back at the guy after a few seconds, only to notice that his gaze hadn't left you , causing your anxiety to build as you quickly payed for the items chosen.

You walked towards the exit, having to walk past the same drunk again, but this time, instead of his eyes following you, so did he.

He walked behind you sluggishly and unsteadily, placing a firm grasp on your shoulder before spinning you around to look at him.

“What's a broad like you doing in this part'a town at a time like this?" He questioned creepily with a smirk followed by a chuckle, causing you back away from him, stunned, petrified to answer his question.

Every step you took back, he took forward, overpowering you and pushing you into an alley just beside the station. You panted heavily as you took multiple steps back from him, whimpering as he sneered down at your smaller frame. You stared fearfully at his nearing figure.