Wasted Potential

Y/N= your name

So this is my first oneshot in doll world. It's basically the same timeline as the movie, but the ugly dolls don't arrive at IOP

Warning- cursing, angst

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N's POV

The fabric of my knee is slightly ragged, and showing through the holes of my ripped jeans. I also wear my uniform shirt, which I ripped the sleeves from, and my beanie. To complete my look, my trusty skateboard is with me, never leaving my side.

I can tell they're all staring at me, I just don't care enough to address it. I know I'm unusual, a weirdo, a freak, a loser, and worst of all "Wasted Potential". I know I'm supposed to behave, to be pretty, to be perfect, but I'm not, and I'm quite alright with it.

I lay down the skateboard and begin skating, avoiding collision with other dolls, and even perform a few tricks. They're still staring, some with curiousity, few in awe, most with disgust. 

"A perfect doll neither skates nor swear, and she always wears her uniform properly, not ripped, buttoned correctly, and perfectly ironed. A perfect doll is polite, well dressed, and performs her job. You are a pilot/model, so behave like one. And don't ever forget to smile." His voice keeps playing in my head.

I arrive at the center of the IOP a.k.a Institute Of Perfection, and look for a spot where I could remain unseen. I locate one within seconds and go there, trying not to catch anyone's attention.

I can hear talking all around myself, which isn't a surprise considering new dolls have just arrived. I could tell what was comming. 

"Always avoid Y/N. You don't want to be associated with her".

...And there it was. Avoid me, I'm just a freak, a loser, a nobody, a Wasted Potential.

I was listening a little longer and then the worst happened. A brunet doll with green streak in their hair and heterochromia eyes asked the one thing they shouln't. 

"Who's Lou?"

Before I knew it he was already on the stage, charming everyone with his perfect look, perfect voice, and perfect facade.

I know you hope to go to the big you-know-where
And you're here to try to earn your ticket there
Better listen now or you haven't got a prayer
Let me break it down, ooh

I can't believe everyone is falling for this. He is rude and mean and a total perfectionist.

If you want someone to love ya
Babe, you gotta look like me (Like me)
Gotta be flawless, pure perfection, not for shelf (Not a shelf)
And my first impression of ya, as far as I can see (Can see)
Is you simply can't compete with my sweet self (Your sweet self)
Is your hair as thick as mine? (No)
Are your arms as bumped as mine? (No)
Are the moves you got as drop-dead hot as this?
(No, no, they ain't)
Is your profile half this fine? (No)
If not, let me hit you with the bottom line
Got to measure up or you won't get eternal bliss (Ooh)

I laugh to myself, he isn't even remotely perfect, quite the opposite actually.

So let me be honest (Honest)
I got to be honest (Honest)
I'm gonna be honest (Ah yeah)
Whether you like it or not

We don't. We really don't. Stop focusing on the brutal and start focusing on the honesty.

You're much too short (Too short)
You're way too thin (Too thin)
Is that a blemish on your double chin? (Oh man)
Don't ever walk a runway (No)
Or man a kissing booth (Mwah)
You're U-G-L-Y (Ugly)
And that's the ugly truth