Working Together

Yuji and Megumi ran desperately looking for a safe place. They no longer heard screams coming from the dormitory, now strange groans began to fill the air. So far they haven't seen any zombies, but they're not sure if there are any roaming the halls. Yuji tried to call his friends, but there was no answer, apparently he couldn't get through.

The two managed to enter the bedroom of some student, locking the door and barricading it with tables, chairs, anything they could find. Megumi sat on one of the chairs gasping for breath, he felt like his heart was going to leap out of his mouth, Yuji also rested leaning against the wall.

After a few minutes, Yuji tried to call Nobara again, but she still didn't answer. Megumi was thinking of a solution to escape, they have to get out of the dorms, but the problem is that zombies might be everywhere.

"Kugisaki isn't answering her phone, don't tell me those things attacked the girls' dorm too?" Yuji put his cell phone away in frustration.

"It's possible." Megumi said, sighing deeply.

"I hope Inumaki and the others are safe, I didn't see them following behind us."

Yuji was worried about everyone, especially Nobara. He knows she can defend herself, but zombies aren't ordinary enemies. Who knows what will happen if she faces one of those creatures.

Suddenly a loud knock was heard on the door, Yuji and Megumi stood alert, waiting to see if whoever was knocking could be a zombie. But then they heard a voice, a familiar one.

"That's Inumaki." Yuji stood up, heading towards the door, removing the barricade. "Help me out, Fushiguro."

Megumi helped Yuji remove the tables and chairs blocking the door, once finished, Yuji quickly opened it. Inumaki appeared before them, entering the bedroom, closing the door again and helping them block the entrance.

"How did you know there were people inside this room?" Megumi questioned.

"I was hiding nearby and I saw you both enter this room, so I thought being together was better than being alone." Toge answered truthfully.

"What are we going to do?" Yuji asked frustrated.

Toge looked at Megumi and Yuji seriously. "We need to leave here."

"But how? Zombies could be everywhere." Yuji exclaimed.

"I know, but we can't stay locked up in here forever, besides..." Toge glanced at the window. "We can escape through the window."

Yuji and Megumi looked at each other, that idea wasn't bad, it was the most logical thing to do at the time. The first-year rooms are located on the first floor, so escaping through the window could help them avoid the zombies inside the building; However, there is a chance that there are more zombies lurking outside as well.

Megumi walked over to the window, opening it, looking out carefully. Everything was quiet, no zombies in sight. The three climbed onto the windowsill, jumping down. They were very close to the girls' dormitory, Yuji wanted to go and make sure the girls were okay.

"Can we go take a look at the girls' dormitory? I'm worried about them." Yuji expressed his concerns.

Megumi wasn't sure about the situation in the girls' dormitory, but Nobara is also his friend, so leaving her in a dangerous situation wouldn't be a good thing on his part. Megumi nodded, walking towards the female dormitory building.

Toge followed them silently, he also wanted to check if Maki was okay. However, they hadn't even gotten halfway there, when strange groans were heard coming from the dormitory, they stopped. Megumi signaled to Yuji and Toge to hide behind a tree, zombies came out of the female dormitory, apparently the situation was the same as in the male dormitory.