Conference Room

No more footsteps were heard outside. At first glance, a roar is heard, but it wasn't that close because it came from the music room, where the alarm was still ringing. Satoru held the broomstick tightly and placed his hand on the door handle. Satoru, who had been concentrating on the sound outside for a while, slowly opened the door. He checked the situation in the hallway through the small opening of the open door, just stuck his head out and looked in the direction of the stairs.

Since there were no zombies around anymore, the three students hiding inside the classroom decided to leave, this was their chance to reach the conference room.

....

Satoru and the others along with the zombies were not the only ones who heard the alarm sound on the second floor.

"That noise, who is playing in the music room in a situation like this." Nanako, who pushed a zombie with a plastic bag she took off a mop head, took a step back, surprised by the sound of the alarm.

Mimiko stabbed the zombie Nanako was dealing with, using the broomstick in her hand. "We can't stay here, let's hurry to the conference room."

All the zombies except that one already followed the sound of the alarm, this was their chance to reach the conference room. The three girls had the same idea as Satoru, hoping that this place would be safe for them.

The three of them kept their guard up as they walked down the hallway. The three girls who were heading to the conference room stopped at the same time, walking with stiff faces. An anguished moan was heard above the door of the classroom they had just passed through.

Riko gulped, looking towards the classroom door. No one could be seen beyond the door, where there was so much blood that it seemed impossible to know if the original color was ivory or red. Stretching her finger towards the bottom of the door was Mimiko, trembling with fear.

"There...!"

Nanako and Riko looked towards where Mimiko was pointing her finger, and stopped breathing in surprise.

A zombie with only its upper body, whose waist was roughly cut off, crawled out with both arms touching the ground as if someone had torn it off. Below the waist, some of the vertebrae with intestines protruded and trailed, there was a lot of blood and flesh everywhere. The zombie that lost its lower body seems to have been unable to move quickly even after hearing the alarm.

The three of them had some understanding because of the zombies they had encountered so far. Zombies definitely react sensitively to sound, but when a human enters their red-tinted field of vision, they rush toward the opponent regardless of the sound. At that moment, no matter how noisy the environment was, attacking humans on sight seemed to be the top priority.

As evidence, this zombie, who only had the upper part of his body crawling out of the classroom, roared even louder at the three girls. Mimiko, who screamed alongside the zombie, ran towards the conference room.
Her urgent steps and shout echoed loudly in the hallway.

Riko, who was closest to the zombie, did not have time to get away, she was cruelly held by the ankle by the zombie.

"Riko!"

Nanako, who had no idea what to do, hit the zombie's head with a broom, but it didn't work very well. Riko saw the zombie open its mouth and try to bite her ankle, then started kicking the zombie's head hard like a soccer ball with the other leg that wasn't caught. The zombie is still moving and was violent, even though a clicking sound was heard somewhere in the neck. The sound of gnashing teeth stimulates Riko's fear.

Desperate to push the zombie's head with a stick and moving her foot to avoid being bitten, Riko saw a bloody tooth that was completely close to her ankle. At the moment she closed her eyes tightly, imagining the pain that would soon come. Suddenly, the zombie that was about to bite Riko's ankle stopped with a loud noise.