The Cowboy States

As the countries came upon the shooting range the redheaded state mentioned, they beheld America trying to hold a brunette child with a rifle slung over her shoulder from a leather strap and a raven-haired boy from attacking each other as the redhead from early was shouting at the two to knock it off while another dark-haired girl rolled her eyes as she fired an arrow into a target from a longbow.

"What are you to fighting about?!" America cried as the girl continued to try and push against him to reach the other state who had taken to hiding behind his father.

"He said I don't exist!" the girl cried as she tried to fling herself at the boy.

"Well, that's because you don't. I mean, have you ever met somebody from Wyoming?" the boy asked jokingly.

"Colorado," America asked dangerously, trying to stop the boy before he could continue, causing the situation to accelerate further.

Unfortunately for America, though, that day was not today. "We still don't even know if the entire State of Wyoming wasn't some government conspiracy to expand out west." This made America facepalm as the girl finally managed to break free from her father and rush at the boy, Colorado, who decided this was probably a good time to start running for his immortal life as the girl shouted an array of colorful vocabulary that most of the countries didn't know a child of what looked to be an eleven-year-old make, followed closely by America who was trying to grab the girl before the boy ended up having to heal himself. 

"Aren't you going to help?" the redhead asked the ebony-haired girl, who was still firing arrows into the targets before her.

The girl asked, turning to her sister after releasing another arrow. "What's the point? They'll be back to trying to destroy each other the moment Father has his back turned," she said with a shrug. The redhead had no response to that, making the other sigh for a moment before turning to the countries. "So you're the countries who came to see us today?" the dark-haired nine-year-old asked.

"Oh, um...yes. Who are you?" England asked, squinting her eyes at her. Strangely, she looked familiar somehow. Now, of course, he never met her since again he, like many countries, didn't even know the states existed, but this girl with straight dark hair, almond-shaped brown eyes, and tanned skin itched his mind for a bit.

The girl looked at him before saying, "Oklahoma or Ahyoka or Ela if you'd like. You're England, right?"

"Y-yes," England asked. 

"My aunt told me a lot about you," the girl said, turning away from him to pick up a long red wool cloak with a green design on the edges over her fringed brown vest and cream button-up before dusting off her tanned pants, kicking the dirt off her brown cowboy boots. 

"Your...aunt?" England replied in confusion. America and Canada didn't have a sister, and if they did, wouldn't he have been the first to know? England looked back at the other countries who were just as confused over what the young state said. 

Oklahoma nodded. "Well...great-aunt if we want to be technical," Oklahoma said as she walked back over to the countries who wore bewildered expressions at the statements. "You don't remember?" she asked England, who, upon hearing that tried to think back to whatever she might be talking to him. Great-aunt? Wouldn't that mean that America and the other guy have an aunt? That wasn't possible, though. America and his brother were just wandering about in the wilderness until he took them in, so who could she be talking about? "You really don't know?" she asked again. 

England looked at her and said, "I apologize, young lady, but I don't have any recollection of who you might be speaking of."

Oklahoma paused a minute looking at him with a judging look before opening her mouth and out came, "My aunt is Cherokee."