Chapter 14

Sky POV

I woke up to the sound of my parents screaming. It was rare the two of them even spent time trying to talk, they usually ignore each other, or avoid meeting, or just scream.

Indeed this was definitely one of those times.Most of the times the reason of their arguing was me and anything related to my custody; I got used to it a long time ago, but even though I try so hard not to let that affect me, I can't help but feel my heart ache at their instead heartless words.

I slowly got up, memories of the wonderful day I spent with Sam yesterday flashing through my mind, and made ny way to the stairs; I shouldn't have done that, it'd have been better to remain in bed and just pretend I heard nothing.

But I still walked against my will until I could hear their voices more clearly and actually get what they were saying.

'You said you would have been here and kept him company. I told you days ago I had and important work trip to attend, I don't care about what kind of useless plans you've arranged, you're gonna stay home for once in your life and look for the kid you don't even know'

I knew they were talking about me, there was no way it couldn't have been, plus my mother's voice was so high she could only be complaining about work, because that was the only thing that mattered to her.

Nothing else, neither my father, nor me.

That was how things had always been.

A cute family on the facade, a disaster on the inside.

'Can you understand what you're asking me to do? You know I can't turn it down, you have no other choice. I don't care whether you're gonna bitch about it or not, you're staying'

I heard my father slam his hand on the kitchen table, nervousness taking over him, even though he was always calm, the few times he was here.

'You know what, I don't care, do what the fuck you want, I'm attending the trip, you're gonna tell your son face to face you're leaving him alone. If you can do that, than go along please'

'Can you think about your own son for once? If you didn't have time for a kid you should have said so sooner, it's too late now, isn't it? You've got to take care of him-'

'You're one to talk! What do you do for him? Please tell me! If it wasn't for me he wouldn't even have anything to eat, you ungrateful asshole-'

'Oh yeah I guess you're so much better than me, if you're constantly with him how comes you've never ever noticed how bad he is feeling? Can't you see that yourself since you're apparently such a loving and caring mom?!-'

I didn't want to listen to their words, I tried my best to let my good memories overcome what was going on, but it always ended like this.

I always end up feeling like an empty canvas, and not even yesterday's amazing time managed to distract me.

And that was when I suddenly felt something warm wet my cheeks.

I silently walked to my room, and closed the door behind me, hoping that'd help me forget everything, but it didn't; the door wasn't enough thick to muffle the noises, I could still distinguish every single word they pronounced.

Without even realising it, I started changing and in a few minutes I was ready to get out, even though going out was the least appetizing thing I could do.

But still I slowly went downstairs, tears running down my face freely, and hided from my parent's view, until I heard it.

The words they had never pronounced but I'd known all along, and even though I was already aware of it, they made it.