Status Quo

*slides onto stage and grabs at microphone stand, knocks it over and falls down into the orchestra pit*
I'm good!
Hi, sorry for the delaaaay.
Also 2K VIEWS AND 200 VOTES WHAT THE HECK TYSM LOVE YOU OK ENOUGH WITH THE A/N
_____________

1
The Jocks

Peter's brain was refusing to function. After having arrived late from patrol the night before, the spider had hurried to complete his homework before collapsing into sleep at his desk, leaving May to carry his light frame to the bed.

Unfortunately, this meant that his brain was currently swimming through honey.

And they had the Beep Test.

The class lined up on the 20 meter line, rolling their eyes and sighing internally about the tedious task they had been assigned.

"The test starts in 20 seconds."

Peter shook himself to stop himself from coapsing on the floor.

"Wait for the beep and make sure that your foot goes on or over the 20 meter line."

He looked at the ceiling, stifling a yawn.

"The testbegins in five, four, three, two, one..."

Everyone waited, energy coiled like a painter waiting to pounce, listening for the the beep

Beep. "Start level one, one."

Peter, still in his trance started jogging to the far line. He kept up the pace, increasing his speed a little with each level. He didn't register people beginning to drop out at level four. Or MJ panting as she stepped out on level six. He didn't even realise that the class had grown quiet. All that he knew was the beep, the line and the constant, rhythmic pounding of his feet against the wooden floor.

He only looked up when the beeping stopped.

No one spoke.

"Peter Parker, level 20." The teacher scribbled down the boys score on the clipboard, clearly in shock.

Peter was also in shock.

He had just beaten the test.

And he was a nerd.

His head started spinning and the world tilted sideways sharply as his head made contact with the ground.

He could faintly hear people calling his name, but all he wanted was to sleep. Sleep was good.

When he woke up, he was in the sick bay.

"Peter! It's good to see you're awake!" The school nurse smiled warmly at him. "You're very tired. You collapsed with lack of sleep after using all your energy in the test."

"Oh." He blinked, dazed.

"Where is he?" A jock who Peter recognised as Adam busrt into the room. "Oh my goodness Peter I heard what you did and I was wondering if you wanted to join the football team?"