Chapter 23

I'm sorry Sonic WHAT-

"I'm sorry, what?" Sonic leans in towards me, and whispers into my ear.

"I think I've fallen in love with you," He goes back to lean on the counter. He has to be joking, right? Is this some sick and twisted plot you only find in cheesy romance novels? Nah, it can't be. I have too much pride to let my life be driven by the author of the book. "Hey, (Y/N), you've been staring at me for a while now, you feeling alright?"

"Oh! I'm fine, I'm fine, I'm just trying to find the right words to say." I take a sip of the Kool-Aid and set it down. "I'm not sure what you wanted me to say to that Sonic, I have a busy life as it is, and then you tell me this big news, what did you want out of this?"

"Well, maybe you'd feel the same way, or better yet just jump into my arms." He grabs hold of my hand, looks into my eyes and whispers, "Won't you be my valentine?"

"Well, Sonic, wait,"Valentine?" Isn't it the middle of March? "How could I be your valentine if it's almost the end of April?"

"Well, I kind of prepared my speech back in December, when I had just got back in town. I thought I would've had the courage to tell you this by Valentine's day."

"But, why would you still say it now despite the fact it's almost June? It just doesn't make any sense." I gently push him off me and make my way to the door. "You know, you should've just stayed quiet. I don't know what you were expecting me to do after you told me this, but I certainly don't want to be with you."

I exit the house while Sonic just stands in the kitchen alone. As I get back to my car, Kara is still asleep while Pear is on his phone.

"Sorry to keep you guys waiting, Kara's still knocked out?" I hop into the driver's seat and start the car, "Ya know, we can just drop them off home so we can have our own play date today." Pear nods his head, a smile creeps across my face as I start our way back home.

"Oh but uh, (Y/N), let's not meet up with any of your old friends from school again."

"Agreed."