While it Lasts

I sleepily opened my eyes as I returned to the Physical World. It was dark, which meant we were gone all day. I always have to remind myself that time worlds differently there. We both stood up and stared at each other, then broke out laughing. I don't think we really knew why, we were just tired and relived. "Well I'm exhausted, I'm gonna go to bed." Aang said, starting to head of towards the house. "Great idea." I smiled, following him. I went to my room (technically it was Kya's but I call it my room) and took off my boots and my airbending top, so I just was wearing my brown pants and my white undershirt. I crawled into bed, and slowly drifted off. 

   The next morning I woke up, and lazily made my way to the kitchen. I must've slept in because everyone was almost done eating when I walked in. I ate, while Aang and the kids were playing outside. Katara was cleaning up the mess the kids left in the kitchen. "Did you guys find your answer? Aang didn't come in till late at night, so I didn't get a chance to ask him about it." Katara asked, while waterbending a plate clean. "Um, yeah, we did. Apparently this will get me back, the spirit of time gave it to me." I said, showing her the vile. 

        She gave it a skeptical look. "That looks....sketchy." She remarked with an eyebrow raised."That's exactly what I thought!" I laughed. "Well I'm glad you guys figured it out. I'm actually surprised you guys got it so fast. I mean you just got here, and now your already going to have to leave! But I'm glad you don't have to worry about it anymore." She said happily. I smiled weakly. "Yeah...what a relief." I said the last part under my breath in a sarcastic tone. I hadn't really thought about that till then. I was so focused on not being stuck, and worried about telling them their future, I had forgotten about leaving. I didn't want to say goodbye, I wanted to stay there forever! I felt like I could be myself, no constant teaching of the new airbenders, not having to worry about what Korra was going to do next. For the first time in a long time, I felt like I could be a kid. I was free of stress, the pressure of being me was gone. But deep inside, I knew that this all had to end at one time or another, but I didn't expect it to come so soon. I hadn't even been there a week, and I already had my way out, back to my time. I should've been excited, but really, I was deeply saddened. I also didn't want to leave Aang, I knew that we already had a plan to see him again when I got back, but it wouldn't be the same. 

      I went outside to join everyone in their antics. Aang was airbending the two kids up into the sky and catching them right before they hit the ground. Squeals of delight rang throughout the island. The kids soon started wrestling each other in the sand. "Hey, are you ready to go home!?" Aang asked, beaming. I looked down as I kicked at the ground. "Mm hm." I mumbled. He raised an eyebrow. "Well that didn't sound convincing." He stated. I giggled at his sarcasm. "What's wrong Nora?" He asked in a more concerned tone. "Well it's just...well I....I don't want to leave, and I know that sounds childish, but I really don't. I love it here, I love you guys, and I don't want to go so soon." I explained emotionally. He listened with much care and nodded. "I know I can't stay here forever, but I feel like I just got here. I don't want to go back to my stressed filled time." I continued. He wrapped an arm around me. "Then I don't think staying one more day will hurt." He said thoughtfully. I looked up at him. "Really?" I asked, wiping away my stray tears. He smiled and nodded. "Thanks." I said, hugging him back. "You want to go surfing?" Aang asked smugly, lightning the mood. I smirked. "Why would I not?"