Awakening

Author's note: I'm doing this is Jinora's perspective(as I've said)so I'm using wording I think she would use.  

        All I remember was falling, but the rest was total, complete darkness. Out of the dark void, I heard a voice, an unfamiliar voice, asking if I could hear them. I could, but I could not answer, nor open my eyes. The clouds in my head were far to thick, even though this situation should have put me on an extreme level of stress, it curiously didn't. I was calm in the darkness, but I think that was for a stranger, more complicated reason. 

        Slowly I opened my eyes after finally waking up. My entire body was aching, and my head was spinning. I looked around, not fully taking in the scene around me, I was too dizzy to comprehend it at that moment. After a few minutes I became puzzled, this room was extremely familiar, too familiar. Then the answer hit me, this was my room, but it wasn't at the same time. That's why I didn't recognize it at first, because the room was filled and decorated with things that were not mine. I felt sick to my stomach, this was all wrong, I felt lost and overwhelmingly confused. 

     "Who are you?" I jumped at the voice, not realizing someone entered the room. I sat up, and looked around. To my left was a small girl with bright blue eyes. "Who are you?" I asked her back. The girl crossed her arms and pouted. " I asked you first!" She said, rather unhappily. I sighed, knowing she was right, but I also didn't want her to start yelling. "I'm Jinora, now, who are you?" The girl instantly relaxed and almost seemed excited. " I'm Kya, I'm 8!" She exclaimed. 'That's weird, I've never heard of another Kya.' I thought to myself, thinking of my aunt. "Hi, Kya, hey, do you just happen to know where we are, or how I got here." She giggled. "Yep, we're on our island, and you fell from the sky." My eyes widened. "Does this island have a name?" I asked on high suspense. " Oh! Yes, Air Temple Island, daddy said that one time, I think." 

     Everything was falling into place. Kya, the island, the disappearance of my stuff. But I still didn't know for sure, until Kya made an unexpected comment. "Hey, Nora, can I call you Nora, why do you have the blue lines like daddy does?" She asked. I knew at once that only meant one thing, Aang. " Are you ok, Nora? You look sick." I felt sick, this wasn't possible, this wasn't real. I pinched myself over and over, hoping this was all a dream, but I proved myself wrong. I took a deep breathe, " Do you have a brother by any chance?" I asked, ignoring her question. She rolled her eyes. "Unfortunately, yes I have two. Bumi is my older, stupid, annoying and weird brother, but he is fun to play with, he has fun games. And I have a baby brother, Tenzin, he's annoying too." She answered. 

    There it was, the final missing piece of the story, my uncle, and my father. It was weird, and for the record, still is weird, that (in the time of my adventure) my father was an infant. Talk about  cringe. While all of this was happening one realization hit me, for I did not think something completely through. If Kya was talking about her dad, that meant he was....alive. That was was something I thought I would never think of. I've always wanted to meet him, but the idea of it (at the time) scared me. My mind ran like an engine, with million worries and a million thoughts. But one stuck out in importance to this story. 'Can I even give my true identity? Won't that ruin something in this time and mine?' "Here's some tea, I better get daddy and tell him your awake. He's at the beach with Bumi. See ya later Nora!" I forgot Kya was still there, but she handed me tea, and ran out of the room. I sat there, sipping tea, when I almost choked on it. Kya, was getting her dad, I was going to meet my grandfather.