Chapter Fifteen

The flat tire held them back. Ebony had a strong feeling that Silas was on her ass. She knew as soon as he found what she'd done, he'd come for her. Her mission needed to be finished before he caught her. She frowned down at Rex who was taking his time changing the tire. They were stuck on a country road in the middle of the night, the full moon shining brightly in the clear sky. Rex had told her everything, his father's visit which had led to her transition, that they were actually cousins. Her heart had skipped at hearing that she still had two remaining family members alive and that Rex had been there for her watching over her. She had wanted to meet her grandfather's brother, but Rex told her she wouldn't be able to handle seeing him since he looked so much like her grandfather and was in fact the trigger. It would have been a touching family reunion if there hadn't been so many secrets screwing it up. Her life was just not normal and after tonight, it would never be. It was a nice night to hunt and kill. She marched around the car and glared down at Rex.

"What's taking you so long? This isn't a pleasant field trip we're on. Hurry up before Silas catches up to us."

"So what if he does, you'll just kick his ass like the rest," Rex glanced up at her and grinned proudly.

"I'm no match against Silas, you saw us on the roof."

"You were just play fighting, it wasn't the real deal."

"Ugh!" Ebony kicked the flat tire. She needed to calm down, her blood was boiling with revenge. "Give me a cigarette."

"You don't smoke..."

"Give me a cigarette now before I kick your ass!" Ebony threatened.

Rex sighed, dug into his pocket, and gave her one. He lit it for her and watched in amusement as Ebony took a long drag of it and held it.

Her eyes crossed and she fell backwards on the ground coughing and gagging.

"You're supposed to exhale, it isn't weed..." He tried not to laugh as he finished changing the tire.

Ebony was still on the ground writhing in agony and coughing up a lung when he stood over her. "You ready?" he asked.

"Hell yeah," she suddenly jumped up as if she wasn't dying a few seconds ago.

Rex watched her jump into the car and start it. 'This woman is seriously crazy', he thought to himself as he joined her.

*********************************************************************************

Silas glanced at his watch. Three hours had passed since they'd been on Ebony's trail. She'd forgotten he could track her on her cell phone which she currently had on her. Rex had thrown his away. Even if he couldn't track Ebony, Dakota would have been able to track her with his skills, but Dakota was still unconscious. It had taken them an hour to bandage the men and drag them to their beds. The only ones that came with him were Nikolas and Dominic. Fabian was also still unconscious. Nikolas arm had been dislocated when he'd awaken, the tough German had snapped it back in place on his own and insisted on going with them.

"We must get her back," he told Silas. "Ebony is in the killing mode and the only person that can turn that switch off is you. Failure is not an option."

They'd watched her signal go to three different neighborhoods before stopping at its final destination, an empty warehouse in a deserted part of the town. They got out of the car and stared at the building. "I'm going in first," Silas told Dominic and Nikolas. He knew they were no match against Ebony and didn't want them to get killed. "You two stay behind me."

"We're not going to hide behind you like a weak woman," Dominic said. "We're men for christ sake!"

"You were almost killed by a woman, I think its best you act like a weak woman for now to save your life," Silas told him.