~Chapter 2: Strangers Like Me~

(Time Skip)

I heard the birds cawing. I ran in the direction and stayed grass because I spotted creatures. They walked and talked like any other creature. But I knew this language. One of the villagers, Hank, talked like this. He taught me last time I visited. I soon realized that these creatures kind of looked like...well, me. They stopped when Talula, the sker buffalo, came up out of the water. They pointed, what looked like weapons, at her.

"Nobody move." I heard, what I assumed to be theleader, said. "Easy." Talula walked closer to them, and one of them pointed hisweapon at her. I snuck up so I was standing in the water behind Talula. Ibacked up and ran towards Talula's back. I jumped up and flipped over her. Ilanded on my feet between Talula and the creatures like me. I showed no fear.It was one of the lessons Kong taught me. Show no fear, and they'll be afraidof you because of that. 

"It's a girl!" One of them said

"It's a girl!" One of them said. The male with the weapon pointed it at me. I stared at them with anger. They come into our home and threaten our animals?! No way.

"Slivko." The leader said, causing me to look at him.

"What?" The male said. The leader walked towards him.

"Put it down." He said and pushed the male's weapon down. The female held something up and I heard a click. I glanced back at Talula.

"Go, before they hurt you." I said. She nodded and walked away.

"What is she saying?" I heard one of the creatures ask. I turned to them.

"I don't know, man!" The dark-skinned male said. The leader took a step towards, me causing me to step back and slowly reach for my small knife in my pocket.

"W-What's she doing?" The male with the weapon asked. The leader took another step towards me, causing me to grab my knife and pull it out. I pointed it at them. "Knife!" The male with the weapon pointed it at me.

"Slivko, don't." The leader said.

"Put the weapon down!" The male shouted at me.

"Wait." The leader said.

"Now!" The male shouted.

"Slivko!" The leader shouted, jumping in between me and the male.

"Move out of the way, Conrad." The male said.

"I can't." The leader said. "Listen, if she knows the island, she could help us."

"Why would she want to help us?!" The male with the curly hair asked. "She literally has a knife pointed at you!"

"She's just scared." The leader said. "Let me talk to her. I can reason with her. Just wait." He turned to me and took a step towards me. I tightened my grip on my knife. "It's okay. It's okay. We won't hurt you, alright? There's no need to be afraid. I promise you." I nodded to the weapon the male had pointed at me. "Slivko, put the gun down."