~Chapter 4: I'm Nothing!~

Kala's POV

I was sitting on a rock, looking out at the water, thinking.

"What are you thinking about?" I heard. I looked next to me to see Mason standing there. I didn't answer. "I'm sorry if I offended you."

"You didn't offend me." I said. "I was thinking about this place. How if more of you come back, it'll be gone."

"I won't tell anyone." She said.

"I know." I said. "But I can't say the same for the others."

"Conrad won't tell anyone." She said. "I don't know about others though. Are you worried about your brother?" I nodded.

"This is the longest he's been gone." I said. "If he dies, I have no home."

"Kong's strong." She said. "He'll make it."

"I hope you're right." I said.

"Is it usually this hard for you to trust someone?" She asked.

"I don't trust anyone." I said. "Becauseevery time I do...I get hurt. Kong was the only one who has never hurt me."

Suddenly,I heard animal sounds from behind the wall

Suddenly,I heard animal sounds from behind the wall. I stood up and pulled out my knife.I turned to Mason. 

"Stay here." I said. She nodded.

I walked over to the wall and out the hole

I walked over to the wall and out the hole. Suddenly, I recognized the animal sound. It was Lana. I looked and saw her trapped under a flying thing. I ran over to her. I petted her large face. 

"Don't worry, my friend. I will get out of this." I said. I put my knife in my pocket and pushed on the flying thing. I grunted as I tried to hold it up. "Come on! Get up! You must live!" I sighed, realizing it wasn't working. Suddenly, the flying thing was pulled off and Lana got up. She made a sound at me and walked off. I looked up to see my big brother standing there, staring down at me. He dropped the flying thing off to the side.

"I thought I told you to stay back at the cliff." He said.

"I found some of the creatures." I said. "They said they didn't want this to happen."