~Chapter 1: The Sky People~

(Year: 1973)

Kala's POV

Running. It's what I've always been told to do. I heard a roar from behind me. He was getting close. I jumped onto a branch and it flung me off into an open field. I saw I was coming to a cliff. I smiled and ran faster. I ran off the cliff but then I was caught in a hand. I panted, trying to catch my breath. I looked up and saw he caught me.

"How did I do?" I asked.

"I rate you right under good." He said.

"What?!" I asked. "I outran you!"

"First of all, you could never outrun me." He said. "Second, you shouldn't have used that tree branch to help your speed. It will just slow you down."

"Oh, come on, Kong." I said. "I at least should be rated good." He shook his head. I groaned, causing him to laugh. He started walking us over to the lake. He leaned down and put me on the ground.

"Wash up." He said. "You're dirty."

"Well, I tripped!" I defended. He chuckled and walked into the water. He sat down and put his hand in the water. I walked into the water and dunked myself down in it. I always felt peaceful in the water. Like nothing could ever hurt me here. Like it was another world. My lungs started to burn to I shot up out of the water and stood in it. I pushed my hair back out of my face. Kong put his hand in the water and scooped up some in his hand. I looked down to see I was clean now. Kong pulled his hand up and drank the water in his hand. Suddenly, loud sound were going off as the ground shook. Kong opened his eyes and looked behind me. I turned around and what looked like fire coming out of the trees. 

Kong growled

Kong growled. He leaned over, picked me up and put me back on the sand. 

Kong stood up and grabbed a tree

Kong stood up and grabbed a tree. He threw it in a direction. Suddenly, Kong grabbed something that was flying by us. He pulled it up to his face and growled at it. He roared and something fell into his mouth. He dropped the thing.

"Kong, what's going on?" I asked. He looked down at me, due to extreme height difference.

"Hide." He said. I nodded and ran into the forest. I ran to a tree and climbed up it. When I got to the top, I saw more flying things coming towards him. Kong's hand clenched up into a fist. They surrounded him, causing him to turn to look around at all of them.