XXVI - the first kiss

a/n: PLEASE PLEASE LISTEN TO PLUTO PROJECTOR BY REX ORANGE COUNTY IN THIS AND THE NEXT CAPTER IT SUITS SO WELL JSHS

2021.08.05

Moments after looking at his gorgeous eyes, my face was already in his hands. We were breathing into each other's faces and I knew it was about to happen. We were still starring at each other, but I was nervous for some reason, I started backing up from him slowly.

"Oh sorry, there was something on your face"
"Oh really, you should've told me"
"Yeah"

I could hear he was a bit hurt from his voice, I do like him back, but I don't know why I don't feel unsure starting something with him.

"I'm sorry, I haven't really recovered from my last break up, I don't want you to get hurt"
"What? No I'm not hurt, I understand"

He gave me that fake smile he always does, I just knew he was devastated, we sat there akwardly, sometimes giving each other stupid little eye contacts.

"Are you alright?"
"Yeah I'm fine"
"Karl, i know when you are hurt"
"I said I'm fine!"

He raised his voice at me that made me tear up a little, I don't like it when people scream at me..

"Oh I'm sorry, y/n, I didn't mean to"
"It's okay"

I said with a twitching voice, holding back my tears, I slowly glanced at him just to see his poor eyes, filled with guilt and regret, I knew the only option for me was to kiss him.

"Karl?"
"What, y/n?"

He turned his face at me, seeing his eyes made me stutter, but I gave in, I got closer to his face and pushed my lips on his, he looked really shooked and that made me pull away from him.

"I- I'm sorry"
"Don't be"

He grabbed my waist and put his lips on mine. It was a short kiss, yet such a powerful one, it felt like a wave of butterflies just hit me, we looked at each other and giggled. I wanted to say something, but I was short on words. It felt like I forgot how to speak.

"I..uhm...m"
"You don't have to say anything, y/n, I know that you liked it"
"Yes Karl, I did like it"

I layed my head on his lap, Karl started playing with my hair, I felt safe in his arms, I knew that he'll keep me safe, my Karl :]