Chapter 12: September 11, 2001 happens

Being the daughter of two New York Police Department detectives, and also being the niece, great-granddaughter, and granddaughter of cops it was always hard on Lillian, but today would be the hardest day for her.

Lillian was at school when the first tower was hit. She saw all of the adults crying, and she knew it was the start of a very bad day.

The teacher's moved to turn on the news and Lillian saw the second plane hit the tower. She knew her family was on scene at the towers and it scared her not knowing if they were okay or if they would be making it home at all.

Lillian pulled out her emergancy phone and texted her grandma.

L. Grandma is everything okay?
M. No honey it is not I'm on my way to get you, Nicky, and Jack from school.
L. Okay

30 minutes later......

Lillian, Nicky, and Jack were picked up and taken to their grandparents house. Sean was already there with great grandma Betty.

At the house......

Grandma is everyone okay? Lillian asked

I don't know honey. Mary said

Why did this happen? Lillian asked

Someone is really mad an they wanted to hurt us. Mary said

Lillian started to pace she was worried about her family mostly about her mom and dad.

The only people Lillian, Nicky, Jack, and Sean seen for about four days was Betty, Mary, and Erin. (Jamie is at college)

4 days later after the attack.....

Danny, Maria, Frank, Henry, And Joe come into the house everyone hugs each other so glad everyone made it home safe and sound.

Lillian ran ro her mom and dad and hugged them really tight.
Danny and Maria hugged the boys then the family of five headed home.

Little did anyone know that is when Lillian started to have nightmares of losing her parents to the job, but she doesn't tell anyone she deals with it on her own because she does not want to worry anyone in her family.