Special Awards

The Dark Horse Award:

When I started Mall Mayhem, there were a few writers I knew very little about and writers I didn’t expect to get as far as they did. However, this award is certainly not hard to choose. From the start, I was pretty impressed with the character and the quality of the writing. This award is for Theo Luminous.

Honourable mentions: Murphy Nixon, Rosy Monty

The Reserve Dark Horse Award:

This is the award given to the person who I felt left the competition a little bit too early. When I was told that the person was dropping out, I felt a little disheartened. The author may not have liked the character, but I love her – and the name ariel-lannister knew her by. This is for Tove Emilia Liefde aka Tove Fucking Love.

Honourable Mentions: Margie Ellis, Ammi Liliacaea, Wednesday March Black.

Public Favourite:

This award can’t go to just one person, with there being very few voting rounds. However, I think it’s kind to shout out those who did survive voting – by a considerable amount. This is awarded to Theo Luminous, Gatsby Andrew Castaneda and Alex Minges VanMeer.

The Regret Award:

Every time I participate in a games or host a games, there’s always someone I regret not paying attention to. When these games started up, I found it hard to choose who to sponsor – and I realised that I had made the wrong choice immediately. This is awarded to Margie Ellis. If I could, I would’ve sponsored you originally.

Honourable mentions: Rose Monty, Murphy Nixon, Theo Luminous

The Feels Award:

Last time, this was given to two people – and the same is going to happen again here. Two people destroyed me with their entries a lot of the time (including the rounds with byes, even if they weren’t always chosen). This is to be shared between Richard Lore and Drew Griffin.

Honourable Mentions: Tove Emilia Liefde, Zara Esme Caldwell, Cole Maddison, Murphy Nixon, Rose Monty (seriously everyone hurt me these games).

Alliance award:

I think this one is a little bit obvious and it doesn’t really need an explanation. For the second time, the reigning champions are of what I like to call “Griffin the Second.” This is for Drew, Tove, Murphy and Rose.

Procrastinator Award:

I think these people know who they are. Zara Esme Caldwell/Gatsby Andrew Castaneda and Michael Swift continue to carry this award. Congratulations on being nearly late.

Keen Bean Award:

There’s always those few who hand their entries in ridiculously early. This award should really go to the person who handed in earliest the most, but I want to dedicate this award to Rose Monty for handing in one task about two hours after it was posted.

Honourable Mentions: Murphy Nixon, Richard Lore, Theo Luminous.

Results will be up soon!