Seven

After the incident with Loki, Beth stayed away for a few days. Giving him time to cool down. And she said she would visit again when she wasn't watching his facial expression in her head. She feared him. He was dangerous. And that was something that she knew. Something was wrong with him. He wasn't himself, he wasn't just a mischievous god, he was bruised. Whoever did this to him, they really did a number.

Bucky visited with Beth. He told her what Thor had told him. That Loki had spoken one thing. And that made her more curious. So on the fourth day, she gathered the courage, to visit with him again. Bringing him a book of old folk poems. She slipped inside and seen Bruce at the computer. He wanted her over. Loki stood up, sorrow in his face. He felt bad for doing her the way he did. She was only trying to help him. Even if he didn't want it, she was just doing her job. She hadn't been rude to him.

"Beth, I have to show you something," Bruce says. She nods not looking Loki's cell.

It wasn't enough he got angry with her, he made her feel about two inches tall. In front of Thor. She couldn't use her power on him. Bucky had to stop him. He may have tried to kill her. She didn't know what he was capable of. She waved her hands and causes Loki to loose his hearing, but he doesn't do anything. He sits in defeat.

On the screen was Loki talking to someone again. And this time there was a blue figure as in cold signatures, someone from in front of him. A holographic shape only he could see. Probably more of a ghost.

"No, I have already tried to hurt someone, leave me be," Loki says on screen, looking away. The object moves beside him.

"No, I can't please leave me alone," he says. Was he, crying? This was Loki he didn't cry.

"No, that's not true," he says. But the clip stops, Loki sees Bruce watching him.

Bruce stops the clip. And Beth looks in Loki's chamber. He had his head down and his hands folded together. It was not a sight Beth wanted to see. Bruce didn't like it either. He knew the Loki from his timeline would never do this. Beth walks over to his chamber. He continues to look down, in shame. Was Loki feeling shame?

"Loki," Beth says. He doesn't look at her. He feels guilty. Even if he was always manipulative and in trusting, he couldn't bare to look at himself. Even when Beth was poking to get answers, her lack of hostility with him reminded him of his mother in a good way. And he couldn't even look at her.

"Loki, I just want to talk," she says. The nods at Bruce letting him know to open the chamber. She doesn't know why, but she knew he wouldn't hurt her. Or he would have done so already. So walking in slowly, she stays a distance. He sits in the chamber trying to ignore her presence but it was hard to not acknowledge that she was there.

"Loki, I forgive you for the other day, I just want to talk," she said. He shakes his head chuckling with a sorrow in his voice.

"What is it about humility that scratches the surface, why can't humans leave people to their own thoughts," he says. She takes a breath knowing he was only trying to get her to leave him.

"Loki, I know someone has been speaking with you, who is it," she asked. He doesn't speak. He keeps his head lowered to her. And he changes the subject.

"Suffering is just grand isn't it, sometimes our demons come back to haunt us," he says to her. She doesn't say anything. He rubs his face as he usually did. She studies him for a moment. And she noticed him, trying to hold back tears. He wouldn't cry in front of anyone. It made him seem weak.

"Is that what this is, demons?" She asked. He shakes his head and half opens his mouth as if to catch a breath.

"Truly you must think me weak, but I'm a god, I am not weak," he said. He looked up at her. And she seen the urge to hold back the rage in his eyes. He scared her to no means but in this moment she was not Afraid.

"Loki, you can trust me, you can talk to me," she says to him, softly. He snaps his head at her. The urge to be angry with her, grew more and more. He never trusted anyone.

"Trust leads to betrayal, I'm in chains, answers won't get me out of them," he says. She wandered if that's what he wanted. To bargain answers for freedom. Bruce shook his head to Her as if to say it was a bad idea. She felt defeated. But maybe he would grow to trust her better. Maybe if she took the time to just sit with him, it would help her.

"Okay, I will lay something on the table," she said. He tilts his head to her. And he begins to listen.

"Making deals with the likes of me, that's bold," he says. She shrugs her shoulders.

"I'll take my chances," she says, stepping closer to him. He doesn't move. He simply sits up, and listens.

"I will sit with you for an hour in here everyday, we don't have to talk about TVA, just talk, and then, after we have talked you tell me something about them," she said, trying to keep her brave face on. He just stares at her like she's lost her mind.

"Not much for bargaining are you," he asked, and sighs.

"Tell you what, If you can at least take these cuffs off, I will tell you one thing about them," he said. She looks at Bruce. He already knew this was a crazy idea. But she needed answers. And she trusted him to keep his word, to not escape.

"Okay, fine," she said grabbing the key from her pocket. And she walks over to Loki, keeping her brave face on, and unlocking his cuffs. They fall. He rubs his wrists. The cell was not magic free, but he couldn't escape it.

Loki then looks up smiling, using his power to transform into his suite without his helmet. She can't stop staring at him. Seeing him I'm his actual attire was extremely breathtaking. And yet she was still disappointed that he was this way. And he grins at her.

"Now, the TVA is a time outside of Time, and they don't like when people mess with time."