Going Back *Chapter 10*

Rebels are People too? Scary People!

By: LoveLover

Chapter 10

Going Back

Jace's POV

"What are you guys smirking at?" I asked Hatz and Monique.

"We overheard you guys last night" Hatz said.

I see Ever blush and it makes me smile. It's so cute!

"Don't listen to this big dummy" Monique said.

Ever laughs and her whole face lights up.

"We're going to get something to eat. You guys coming?" I asked them.

"Sure" Monique said. She hooks arms with Ever and pulls her toward the main room.

I roll my eyes and then Hatz and I follow them. We go to the main room and Monique finds some seats. The girls sit down and Hatz and I get food for us and them.

Hatz gets a bunch of pancakes and I get some sausage and hashbrowns. We take it to where Monique and Ever and give it to them. Then we go back for glasses of orange juice.

When we finally sit down, we get thanked and then we all start eating.

"So how are yo feeling today?" Monique asked Ever.

"I'm okay" she said.

"Well how much pain are you feeling?" she asked.

"Umm my collarbone is hurting pretty badly and my leg is bugging me. Everything else is just sore" Ever told us.

"That's good. Just take it easy today" Monique instructed.

Ever smiles. "Okay."

"You done being a mom?" Hatz teased Monique.

She glares and flips him off.

I laugh and shake my head. They are so stupid sometimes.

Then I hear three loud bangs. I look to the front of the room and see David standing there.

"We are going back home today. I sent two of us back to see if it's clear. It is, so we're going home" he announced to us.

I look at Monique and she looks at me. "Did you know about this?" I asked her.

"No. Did you?" she asked.

"No."

She shakes her head. "Us three need to have a talk when we get back" she said.

I nod and stand up. David is already leading everyone out of the safe house. "Time to go" I said to the three.

Hatz nods and gets up along with Monique and Ever. We start going towards the entrance but stop. David is coming towards us.

"Hey guys. Can you wait until everyone is out and then come?" he asked us.

"Sure" I said.

"She can come with me" David said, nodding at Ever.

"It's fine. She can stay with us" Monique said with a smile.

David frowns and says, "Okay." He leaves with everyone and we wait.

"Okay let's go" Hatz said as we make sure everyone is gone.

I nod and we all leave. I grab Ever's hand once we get outside because she looks scared.