Dreaming

Violet POV:
It had been a day since Clem and I started recovering from our little injuries. Ruby helped me into the bed,so I could be next to Clementine while we recovered. It was nice just getting to lay in bed with her all day,and I was going to enjoy every second of it. "Hey Clem..I just want to say.. thanks," I said looking up at her as I was laying down cuddled next to her. "Don't thank me I'd do that for anytime because I love you," she said causing my face to turn bright read. Strange I wasn't used to hearing that since Clem liked to remind me a lot. I jumped up with wince as my ankle seems to throb with a quick jolt of pain. "Fuck," I said gripping onto Clem's shirt sleeve tightly. "If I could I'd take the pain for you," she said causing me to look up at her. "I wouldn't let you," I said leaning in kissing her cheek turning her face red a bit. "You went through enough pain saving my ass over and over again," I said knowing without Clem I'd be dead. Clementine just shook her head with a cheap smirk.

Clementine POV:
Sad part was Violet would've probably been killed by the raiders or Marlon if I didn't come along. "Why don't you try and sleep," I suggested to her getting a shrug as a response. Looking at the door I could hear footsteps coming closer with some small giggles. The door opened only for AJ to pop out from behind it holding onto some clothes. "Look Clem we got some new clothes," he said holding a shirt out. "Hey that's great kiddo," I said glad to see him smiling. "AJ when all that stuff happened at the school where did you go?" Violet asked suddenly causing him to frown a bit. "I ran off with Willy,but after a while we got separated," he said looking down. "Don't worry I'm sure he's still out there," I said giving him a reassuring smile. "I know," he said with a smile running out the door. "Does he know about Louis?" Violet asked causing me to sigh. "I'll tell him when I'm ready," I said thinking about seeing Louis's body laying on the ground.

Violet POV:
Memories of all the times I told Louis to fuck off or go away rushed to my head. "I should've been nicer to everyone," I said laying my head down on Clem's shoulder as I sat up. Slowly she put her arm around me probably was thinking I should've. "Violet with everything you've been through in your life no one blames you. We all love you," she said kissing my head causing me to smile a bit. "Clem if you didn't show up...I probably...would've willingly joined the raiders knowing they had Minnie," I said shaking my head knowing it was wrong. I didn't get a response all she did was pull me in closer wrapping her other arm around me hugging me closely. My face turned red as I hugged her back knowing she truly loved me. "Violet I'll never let anything happen to you," she whispered in my ear softly. Suddenly someone knocked on the door causing me to jump breaking the hug. I sighed looking at the door then Clem who was smirking a bit. "What?" I said looking at the door now pissed at whoever it was interrupted. Ruby opened the door with that same dumb smile as always. "Hey I just wanted you to know AJ and I are going out for a supply run," she said as I rolled my eyes. "Whatever just..." I stopped remembering this could be the last time I saw her. "Just be careful," I said with a sigh as I looked down can't believing what I just said. Ruby seemed surprised as she laughed a bit "Thanks Vi," she said walking out shutting the door behind her.

Clementine POV:
It was a bit surprising hearing Violet say that especially since I knew she was pissed about our hug being interrupted. "You did good," I said smiling as she looked at me. "Whatever," she said with a smirk as she cuddled up closer to me. "Hey Violet remember when we were looking up at the stars,and you said you wanted to fly away together?" I asked looking out the window seeing a bird land in the tree next to it. "Yeah,why?" she asked looking up at me. "One day I promise it'll happen," I said with a soft tone as the bird flew off. Violet smiled as she sighed in relief. "You should sleep I'll wait for you to wake up," I said knowing she was in more pain from her injury then me. "You promise?" she asked in a sincere tone looking up at me. "I love you and I'm never going to leave you," I said as she turned red. Slowly she laid down cuddling up next to me closing her eyes. Hopefully by tomorrow I'll be ready to get up,and help AJ and Ruby. Part of me was sad about it as I wanted to spend every little moment I could with Violet. I sighed shaking my head trying to shake the bad feelings as I had to stay alert while AJ and Ruby were gone.

Violet POV:
My eyes opened to see the bridge we crossed while escaping Minnie and the walkers. "Violet come back to us," a familiar voice said as I turned around to see Minnie,Tenn,and Mitch. "What the fuck is going on?" I asked myself out loud looking around for Clem. "Clementine isn't coming to save you Violet," Minnie said walking forward taking on that walker like appearance we last her in. "Back off," I said backing up a bit coming to stop as the bridge was broken in the middle. "Violet!" Clementine yelled out standing across the bridge on the other side. "Do you remember all the romantic nights we spent together Vi? Did you not love me?" Minnie asked causing me to look down in pain. "Don't listen to her Violet. I LOVE YOU!" Clementine said as I turned to look at her. Next to Clementine was AJ and Ruby flagging me to jump across. I felt Minnie's hand on my shoulder as she turned me around to face her. "Don't Violet I know you still love me," she said leaning in closer to my face going for a kiss. Quickly I shoved her down to the ground knowing my heart was with Clementine. "Fuck you Minnie!" I yelled as I looked back at Clementine. "I'm coming," I said taking a couple steps back going to jump across. Before I could even attempt to make the jump across Minnie grabbed my foot. "Violet join us in peace or go back to her to live in that hellish world," she said. "Whatever world Clementine is in that's the one for me," I said kicking her hand off my leg. I ran across attempting to make the jump across,but I didn't make it. It was the end for me,until I felt a hand grab my arm catching me. "I'm not letting you go anytime soon," Clementine said as she leaned off the bridge holding my arm. I smiled looking up at her as she slowly pulled me up. "I love you," I said when she pulled me up. She just chuckled a bit before leaning in and kissing me deeply. I kissed back knowing my heart was fully with Clementine now. The world begin to turn to white as I opened my eyes to see Clementine still there holding me. I sat up quickly leaning in,and kissing her deeply like in the dream. Clem blushed heavily as she kissed me back. Eventually I broke the kiss smiling with a bright red blush. "What was that all about?" she asked her face bright red as well. "I just want you to know wherever you are that's where I want to be," I said leaning against her smiling. Clem smiled as she wrapped a arm around me "Funny because I was going to follow you," she said causing me to laugh a bit.

—The End—