Chapter 10

~ I want to apologize for the long hiatus, but I am back now and will be hopefully finishing up this story in the next week or two. There will only be about three or four chapters left including this one. Hope you enjoy! Xoxo ~

*Reader's POV*

You wake up the next morning to the smell of breakfast. After throwing on a t-shirt and shorts you walk into the kitchen and see your dad standing by the stove cooking.

"Since when do you cook breakfast?" you ask as you walk over to the fridge and grab yourself a cup of juice.

"Since this morning," he says with a light chuckle.

"Well it smells good," you move over to sit at the kitchen table as you watch him cook. Just as you start to take a sip, you hear the doorbell ring.

"I'll get it," you get up and walk over to the door. When you look through the peephole you are taken by surprise at who is standing on your porch.

"JJ?" you ask as you open the door. She seems startled and she gives you a small wave.

"Hey (Y/N)," she says softly.

"How did you know where I live?" She seems nervous and she is wringing her hands together.

"Garcia hacked into the records or something," she says as she drops her hands to her sides, "I'm sorry for just showing up."

"No it's fine," you say as you move to the side, "come on in." JJ walks into the house and you close the door behind her.

"Who was at the door?" Hotch calls from the kitchen.

"It's just JJ dad," you call back. He comes out of the kitchen and smiles at JJ.

"I didn't know you invited Jennifer over," he says as he reaches out and shakes JJ's hand.

"She didn't, I'm sorry I just showed up," JJ says apologetically.

"It's no problem, I'm just in the middle of cooking breakfast, you are welcome to join us." He offers but she shakes her head.

"I'm not staying long," she says before turning to you, "I just needed to talk to you about something if that's ok." You nod before motioning towards the stairs.

"Yeah, sure we can go up to my room." The two of you make your way up to your room. Once inside you sit down on your bed while JJ stands in the middle of the floor awkwardly.

"You can sit down," you say pointing towards the chair in the corner of your room. JJ glances at it and moves over to sit down but she still seems nervous.

"Are you ok JJ?" you ask her cautiously. She nods and takes a deep shuddering breath, clearly trying to hold back tears. You get up and move over to comfort her.

"Hey, what's wrong?" you ask as you rub her back. The tears start flowing down her face in a steady stream and she puts her face in her hands. The two of you sit like that for a moment, JJ crying into her hands and you rubbing her back before she sits back up and wipes the tears away from her face.

"I'm sorry, we've only been friends for a few weeks and here I am bawling my eyes out to you like a baby," she says with a pained laugh.

"It's ok," you say gently, "do you want to talk about it?" She looks down at her hands and sighs.

"Emily hates me," she says in a half-whisper.

"I'm sure she doesn't hate you," you try to convince her but she just shakes her head.

"Yes she does, I tried to call her last night to explain things but she blew me off." You rack your brain trying to think of the right things to say until you just decide to let the words flow.