Chapter 6: The Dance

Disclaimer: everything besides Beverly and her family belong to Voltage inc. And Be my princess 2 game.

&&$@&$&@$

I saw so many people. Everyone looked regal in their own way. Mikhail escorted me through the ballroom. He informed me that there were princes from other kingdoms here as well as aristocrats and politicians. "This ball is for the princes to pick out a potential bride," he said. I felt even more nervous. I felt so out of place. I was a commoner. We stopped in front of Hayden A. Spencer. He gave me a smile. I gave him a weak smile. We talked for a bit. I was really nervous.

"There you are," I heard behind me. I turned to find Prince Ivan behind me. I signed in relief. Somehow, I felt calm when he was around. "Excuse us Hayden. May I have this dance?" he asked. He gave me his hand. I accepted his hand and made our way to the dance floor. He put one hand on my waist while the other took my hand. I placed my other hand on his shoulder. We danced gracefully across the floor. We kept looking at each others eyes. Everything around us didn't matter.

I already knew how to dance because my nanny taught me when I was young. I felt my heart beat fast. {What is this feeling? It can't be!} I didn't want to think about it, but I couldn't denied the feeling. I was falling in love with him. The music ended and everyone clapped. Prince Ivan bowed at me while I curtsy at him. Another music came on. He went off to dance with another woman. The woman was a daughter of a noble.

I went off and stood near a window by myself. I tried to calm my heart down. When I look at him dancing with other girls, I felt a sting in my heart. I guess that I wasn't good enough for the prince. The ball was coming to an end. Mikhail announced that Prince Ivan will notify the potential bride tomorrow. That marked the end of the ball.

I made my way to my room. I went inside and stripped out of my clothes and washed up for bed. I turned the lights off and laid on my bed.

{Once he chooses a bride, there would be no reason for me to be here.}

I closed my eyes and fell into a dreamless sleep.

Couple days later....Sanct Sybil

I woke up and lift myself off the bed. I heard the door open. A lady in waiting came in and gave me my morning tea. I enjoyed it. It made me warm in a cold room. "Thank you," I said. I finished my tea and gave her the empty cup. She bowed at me and switched places with Mikhail.

"I am here to inform you that Prince Ivan has chosen you as his potential bride," he said. {Did I hear right?} "There were so many noble women, I thought he would pick one of them," I said. "He picked only you Lady Beverly," he said. I nodded my head in shock. "Please get ready for the day. Prince Ivan would like to see you in his study before breakfast," he said.

I got out of bed and went to the bathroom. After I got dressed, Mikhail led me to Prince Ivan's study. He opened the door for me. I walked inside to see Prince Ivan working on his desk. Mikhail stayed outside. I walked to the couch near his desk. I sat on the couch and waited for Prince Ivan to be finished with his work.

After five minutes, I saw Prince Ivan set his pen down and walked towards me. He sat down next to me. I looked up at him. "Do you have something to ask me?" he asked. I thought for a moment. "Why did you choose me? A commoner?" I asked. "I have my reasons," he said. {What did that suppose to mean?} "Come breakfast should be served soon," he said. He got up and offered me his hand. I took his hand and we went to eat breakfast.