Chapter Sixteen - The Titan

A/N: Just a little update, enjoy and have a wonderful day/night. Love abbiemca x 

Chapter Sixteen - The Titan

Ava's View

I don't understand any of it. Why is he here? I don't need him and he doesn't need me. I was beginning to regret not reading my dad's mind now, I wouldn't be speculating and fretting if I had. I threw myself down on the almost cardboard bed in one of the spare SHIELD dormitories and ran my fingers through my hair. I'd calmed down now, my eyes had returned to normal and so had my hands which I was glad for.

Somebody suddenly knocked on the door and I answered with only an irritated groan at first. I heard a sigh and another knock. With this, I jumped from my bed and swung the door open in slight anger. Steve was stood facing me, his hand on his neck awkwardly.

"What?" I snapped at him, a hand on my hip, whilst the other was holding the door open. He looked down at the floor for a moment before staring at me with his sparkling blue eyes.

"I'm sorry," He said simply. I didn't say anything, I just waited for a more in depth apology.  He looked at his feet once more before looking back to me again. "I was speaking to Banner before, a-and I think I was too harsh on you. I mean, I don't like Loki but if that's what you want then...I suppose I'll just have to live with it. Banner told me about the bruises too, I'm so sorry, Ava. I didn't mean to hurt you. Do you mind if I see them?" Steve asked, his voice becoming quieter the more he spoke. I still didn't say a word, I just pulled the sleeve of my shirt down slightly so that my right shoulder was visible. I noticed Steve's cheeks turn pink but I chose to ignore it; I wasn't in the mood for him or his opinions. I watched him as his eyes widened slightly and a frown appeared on his face. "I am so sorry." 

"It's fine," I said, fixing my shirt so that the purple bruises were no longer on show. 

"No, no it isn't. I didn't realise I'd grabbed you so hard. I shouldn't have even grabbed you at all. I shouldn't have shouted at you either. Clint's right, I should just let you be happy. You love Loki and that's good enough for me," He said with a slightly forced smile. I gave him a smile back and both of us stood there for a moment in an awkward silence. "I heard about your father too."

"That spread quickly." 

"Well, most of the agents know him anyway, considering he does research for SHIELD sometimes. He seems like a nice guy."

"You would say that, you see the good in everybody."

"And you seem to see the bad in everybody." 

"I don't see the bad, I see the reality." 

"Always the pessimist." 

"Realist." I said and at this stupid argument we both couldn't help but laugh at each other a little. 

"Maybe you should at least give him a chance," Steve suggested. I walked out of the doorway of my room that I'd been standing in and I joined Steve outside of it, shutting the door behind me. 

"Put yourself in my position for a moment. Would you give him a chance?" I asked him, with one eyebrow raised. He pondered for a moment. I began to walk down corridors and Steve followed suit. 

"Well, I don't know. I suppose it just depends on whether you're in the mood for forgiving or not."

"For the sake of this argument, let's say I'm not definitely not in the forgiving mood." 

"Then no, I wouldn't give him a chance."

"Then there's your answer," I said with a smirk. Steve sighed and we both ended up at Bruce's lab in a matter of minutes. Sure enough, Tony was in there with him and they both raised their eyebrows as we entered.