Chapter Thirteen - Repairs

A/N: Sorry it took so long. Enjoy and have a wonderful day/night. Love, abbiemca x 

+*+*+*+*+

Chapter Thirteen - Repairs

Ava's View

When I awoke, I was in my ivory silk pyjamas and Loki was shirtless next to me. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes again, wondering if everything that had happened last night had been a very odd dream. I lifted my left hand, being careful not to wake Loki, who was sleeping peacefully next to me with the ghost of a smile on his face. Sure enough, the silver ring, beautiful as it was, was there and shining in the dull natural light of the room. Although I still had no idea what I was doing, every time I looked at the ring, it made me smile. It was all silver, and tiny, minuscule tree branches swirled around each other to hold a white diamond in place in the centre of the silver band, slightly raised. I slipped the ring off my finger, and its chilling temperature sent little tingles down the receptors in my fingers. I smiled to myself. I turned the ring around in my fingers, the stupid smile not leaving my face, then I noticed something.

There was a tiny, almost unnoticeable engraving on the inside of the ring, which I had to squint to read. After a few moments of figuring out the cursive font, I eventually made out 'The power of love will be defined'. My heart missed a beat as I remembered exactly where I'd seen that before. I leaned over my side of the bed, and pulled open the draw that was part of my bedside cabinet. I had very few things in there; the secret Jotunheim mission plans and a golden bracelet.

I pulled out the bracelet, which was the one with the moving horse that Loki had presented to me last year. I smiled at it as I remembered the fuss it had caused; when Loki had first seen me wearing it, he had told me to work out the engraving and then that had led to our first kiss. I turned the tiny little horse charm, whose tiny legs were trotting, onto it's underside so that I could see the tiny engraving which read: When freedom and strength are combined, the power of love will be defined.

I grinned to myself and slipped the silver ring back onto my finger, and clipped the golden bracelet around my wrist; I had only worn it once since I'd been in Asgard and it felt nice to feel its cold touch against my skin once more. During Loki's absence, I'd worn the bracelet every single day without fault and only one person had questioned it and that was Bruce. I wouldn't have told anybody else, but seems as it was Bruce, I told him. And I'd ended up crying too, if I remember rightly. But Bruce, being Bruce, had given me a hug and reassured me that Loki would come back, one day, even if I was the only one who wanted him to. And I guess he was right.

Loki stirred slightly in his sleep and I turned to face his sleeping form. His usually perfect slicked hair had tumbled over his face slightly and clearly he had not been disturbed by his usual nightmares.

I ended up simply gazing at his form for a few minutes. Although I would probably never tell him this, he was astonishingly beautiful. His features were so delicately carved and his hair was always perfect, messy or not. However, his body was far too thin, due to the punishment he had received the previous year, but he still had his muscles.

His emerald green eyes had fluttered open and he had caught me staring at his sleeping form. Both of our heads were still on our pillows, and he gave me a smirk.

"Enjoying the view?" He asked, I simply laughed at him.

"Is that not allowed?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. He chuckled lightly before tangling his fingers with mine.

"Did you sleep well?" He asked, I nodded and then proceeded to ask my own questions. I was slightly worried that my queries might upset him but I needed to know the answers.