Carnal Needs

John lay on his stomach as his consciousness ebbed and flowed, for every time he attempted to open his eyes the searing pain on his backside was too much to bear. A soft voice whispered in his ear and John smiled, “Sherlock, you are such an annoying dick-head but it’s good to hear your voice. Are you coming for me? I don’t mean to beg, but Sherlock I cannot hang on much longer, for my mission here is just a waste, we both know that there is no such thing as universal peace, for people will kill each other in the name of religion until our planet ceases to exist. Sherlock, what do you think?” John thought. The only sound that came from his mouth was a mumbled, “Sherlock…”

“Sssh, John I am here, “a voice said in hushed tones.

John lay there as someone spoke softly to him while stroking his back, “Sherlock, that feels good, don’t stop,” John whispered. He then opened his eyes, gritting his teeth to bear the pain, but to John’s surprise the burning had lessened somewhat, so he cautiously looked around him.

“John, my poor dear,” Moriarty whispered as he continued to rub John’s back. “Please John, don’t leave me again. Perhaps, I went a little too far with the branding, but John you should see it, the brand I mean. It is beautiful, just a simple M for Moriarty, but I know you will love it. Oh, and you will be happy to know that the thugs who handled you so roughly are now dead. I know I should have waited for you to present at their executions, for they died most horribly, I can still hear their screams as they begged for mercy,” Moriarty sighed as he smiled. “It was a good day, John, for I will kill anyone who dares to touch you again. Just think John, you will never have to be hurt again, you are safe and I would never let you grieve like the miserable, miscreant, Sherlock. John, I am going to spoil you, pamper you, and you will be overjoyed to hear that I have lost interest in my efforts to kill Sherlock. I now have a new purpose. Do you what to know what it is?” Moriarty asked, he paused and when John didn’t answer he continued on. “John, you are my purpose,” Moriarty said as he applied oil on John massaging the tense muscles in his lower back as he did so.

After a moment or two Moriarty stopped, and knelt down so that he was facing John. Gently, he took John’s chin in his hand and began to kiss him, after a few moments he stopped. “John,” he said huskily, “hurry up and get well for I want you, God how I desire you. Rest now for I don’t trust myself not to take you here and now, for John, I want you to call for me with longing, just like you do Sherlock. I will wait for you to come to me and John come to me you will. Yes, oh yes you will my love, my heart.” Moriarty said as he kissed John’s neck and then left the room.

John closed his eyes and prayed, “Lord, you say that you will not give us more than we can bear, but I am through, I have given up, so I beg for your mercy and release from this mortal coil that ties me here. You know what it is to suffer, so plead for your understanding as I ask to be taken from this world to the next and if there is nothing but an empty void, then so much the better, for as you hung upon the cross, did you not say, ‘it is finished,’ with a sense of release? I only ask for that same escape from the hell my existence has become. Please…”

Sherlock’s knees felt so weak that he dropped to the ground, as Irene knelt beside him, wrapping her legs around his waist; she pulled his head down and began to kiss him. At first Sherlock, resisted her tongue as it begged for entrance at the door of his lips, then ever so slightly Sherlock opened his mouth and like an Asp, Irene’s tongue forced its way in and Sherlock felt as if he were going to faint as her kiss consumed him. As he leaned his head back, Sherlock absorbed the sensations of every nerve ending, for they burned as Irene’s hands moved across his chest, then his lower back as she desperately pulled him closer, then her hand reached even lower and Sherlock gasped when she touched him in a place that only John had, a place where….

“Stop….it…now,” Sherlock whispered as he crawled backwards, grabbed his garment and ran from the room. He didn’t stop until he reached the river Nile; he paused to look at Egypt’s life source and then jumped in. As the cooling water rushed over his hot body, Sherlock was surprised that the water didn’t sizzle at the contrast of temperatures-his own body and the river’s. Sherlock looked down in disgust his lower extremities and wished his body was still that of a child, a body free from physical desire, just a body that craved adventure and nothing more. “I am never having sex again, not with John, not with anyone, for Sherlock craved knowledge and freedom above all else and he didn’t want to be subject to the carnal needs of the flesh any longer.

Later on that evening, Sherlock gathered Mycroft, Mary and Irene in a room and announced, “It’s time. It’s time for me to go to the underworld.”