Chapter Eight

The next day school took so long. I had English last period, Miss Maya's put the class in pairs and we had a project to do about the language of poems. We had two weeks to Finnish it.
"I'm putting you in partners of who I think you'll get work done with." Miss Maya's announced.
I leaned over to Hannah and whispered
"I hope I'm with you or Jay."
"Same. I just hope it's not Ethan, he's so weird. No offence to him." Hannah replied.
"Quiet down class. I expect that all your projects should be a B or higher if not your in an after school detention with me."
"I hope I'm with a person who does the work." Jay whispered jokingly.
"Okay so here goes...Natalie pair up with Hudson, Charlie and Mya, Hannah and Jay..."
"OMG unfair." I said frustratedly to Hannah and Jay."
Miss Maya's continued "Elizabeth and Jack, Finn and Brittany, Lucy and Alex, Jennifer and Tyler, and last but not least Violet and Cameron."
"I can tell your happy." Hannah said laughing. As she knows he's my crush.
"You can all start now. Please get into your pairs and get starting on your projects." Miss Maya's told the class.
Cameron came over and sat next to me.
"So I guess we're partners for two weeks." Cameron said to me.
"I guess so, let's start." I replied. When the bell rang me, Hannah and Jay drove to Starbucks to meet the real Elizabeth. We were waiting ten minutes for Elizabeth to arrive.
"She better turn up." Hannah morbidly said.
"Have you got your laptop with you to check if Elizabeth has said anything about meeting up with us?" I asked Jay.
"Yeah, I'll just get it out and have a look now." Jay said as he got the laptop out of his bag.
"That's Ivy's." A brown haired girl said as she walked up to us, guessing it's Elizabeth.
"Elizabeth?" We all said conferring that was her name.
"Yeah, that's me. Why did you need to meet me, you better not kill me or something I took a chance coming here God knows who you could of been." Elizabeth explained.
"We know that you accidentally paralysed Georgina." Hannah suddenly came out with.
"I have no idea what your talking about. I'm leaving this is ridiculous." Elizabeth panicked slowly backing off.
"Wait. We know this because we read Liv's diary." Jay said grabbing her wrist as she stormed off.
Jay continued "Ivy threatened you didn't she? That's why you never apologised to Georgina or told the police." a few seconds pause then Elizabeth slowly turned around and a tear rolled down her cheek.
"I was only young. I felt so bad I didn't know what to do, I acted like nothing happened, but the guilt was to much. I was on my way to see Georgina when Ivy stopped me she told me nobody would forgive me. She showed me pictures she took of the fire and I said its not just me who knew all alone and kept it a secret. She started getting mad and said I purposely did it and that I meant for to die, or at least that's what she would say. I really wanted to tell somebody but she was always watching me even if I didn't see her there was nothing I could do." Elizabeth explained with a melancholy look on her face.
"Gosh we're really sorry. We need to stop her from doing this to you. Is she doing the same with Liv?" I questioned.
"I think so. I haven't seen her in a while." Elizabeth replies.
"Well we have her laptop, we can delete the fire photos and the ones when your taking her to the factory, then there won't be proof that it was two girls who took her." Jay said as he opened up the laptop.
"There's no use she most likely has a copy." Elizabeth sighed
"Yeah probably. What I suggest we should do is break into her house and try find something." Hannah suggest to us all.
"Hannah, it's not going to be easy to do that we don't even know where she lives." I told Hannah.
"I know where she lives." Elizabeth butted in she then continued "and I think we need to involve Liv In this and confront her about Ivy I mean she might know all this or she could know things we don't."
"She's got a point." Jay said to Hannah and me.
"I'll ring her and tell her to meet us here. We can explain everything." Elizabeth said taking her phone out. We agreed and she took a few steps away and talked to her.
"Why the hell does Ivy even care. What's Elizabeth done to deserve this?" Hannah asked quietly.
"I don't know, but I want to." Jay interestingly said. Elizabeth turned back around and put the phone down. "She's coming. I've explained some but not all of it." Elizabeth informed us.
We waited five minutes before Liv turning up.
"Hi Liv. Yeah We know you changed your name to Elizabeth." Jay said.
"What's going on?" Liv asked. We all explained what was going on.
"Yeah Ivy's been doing the exact same thing to me, but why? I mean it's not like we were that bad in school to her." Liv confusedly wondered.
"She didn't exactly have much friends back then and I most likely said things I now regret, but that was like four or five years ago why won't she forget about it unless that's not the reason." Elizabeth said puzzled.
"So we're going to break into her house and maybe there's some sort of clue to fit the puzzle. You in?" Hannah questioned.
"You do realise this is against the law, I mean what if we get caught?" Liv worried
"Then we get caught. But if not you still could get arrested for paralysing Georgina." Jay implied
"Well o-ok." Liv stuttered unsurely.
"Great this Saturday?" Jay said jumping in.
"Wait how do we make sure she's not at home?" Elizabeth confusedly asked.
"Easy, we just ring her and she there's been an emergency at her theatre." Hannah confidentiality explained.
"Okay then. Saturday at 7 lets meet outside this coffee shop." I arranged.
"We can take my car." Jay insisted.
We all agreed.